20" wheels recomendations???

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mike, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I would like to build up some wheels for my Tailwind.

    I need recomendations on good 20" 406 rims.

    Thoughts? Good - Bad experiences?

    Thanks, Mike

    Tags:

  2. Bob Wand

    Bob Wand Guest

  3. Mike: you will not regret using velocity razor rims with shimano 105 or greater hubs.as far as tires
    comp pools or irc metro's. Thank you Earl GRR,RANS V2 Ti Rush,Ti Pursuit

  4. Gary Krause

    Gary Krause Guest

    Hi Mike,

    I built a set of wheels for my Rans Rocket four years ago. I used Sun Rhyno Lite rims and they were
    great. I friend of mine saw them and bought a set for his Tailwind. He is now in New Zealand touring
    on them. I am now considering building a pair of wheels for another bent. I think I might use the
    Sun CR-18 rims.

    Gary

    "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I would like to build up some wheels for my Tailwind.
    >
    > I need recomendations on good 20" 406 rims.
    >
    > Thoughts? Good - Bad experiences?
    >
    > Thanks, Mike

  5. Under estimated and slow Bent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Mike: you will not regret using velocity razor rims with shimano 105 or greater hubs.as far as
    > tires comp pools or irc metro's.

    Velocity Razors are not a good fit for a tire as large as the Comp Pool. The force tending to spread
    the rim apart is roughly proportional to the tire width and pressure. Razors would be better for
    something like Conti Grand Prix or Schwalbe Stelvios.

    Len