20 x 4 1/4 tire

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by teachndad, May 10, 2004.

  1. teachndad

    teachndad Guest

    Did anyone already post about this tire size?

    http://schwinnstingray.com/detail-tire.html

    I was in Toys R Us last week and saw this tire on the bicycle and had to
    see what size it was. My memory may have faded. It was either 20 x 4
    1/4 or 20 x 4 1/2.

    It's on the new Schwinn Stingray bicycle. It is low profile and wide
    like a motorcycle tire. Not sure how good it would be for trials. The
    spoke nipples don't go down the middle of the rim, They alternate off
    center.

    Sure would make a funky unicycle if a frame was made for it.

    --
    teachndad - The Munieer

    Rod Wylie

    teachndad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/56

  2. daino149

    daino149 Guest

    There was a thread a little while ago about this bike and tire. I would
    like to see one, but i don't know what good it would be on a uni. I
    think if it were a tad larger, and fairly well made, it would make a
    nice beach cruiser.

    http://tinyurl.com/ys2c2

    Daniel

    --
    daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

    Check out my pics: www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino
    Sig count: 2

  3. john_childs

    john_childs Guest

    daino149 wrote:
    > *There was a thread a little while ago about this bike and tire. I
    > would like to see one, but i don't know what good it would be on a
    > uni. I think if it were a tad larger, and fairly well made, it would
    > make a nice beach cruiser.
    > *

    I sat on the new Stingray bike at a local bike shop. I like the look of
    the bike. It would be a neat bike for just cruising slowly along.
    Unfortunately the frame isn't sized right for a 6 foot adult. I had the
    seat raised as far as it would go and my knees were still almost hitting
    the handlebar grips. The bike and riding position is just too far out
    of proportion (it just doesn't look right) for someone 6 feet tall. For
    someone shorter (like maybe 5'6" and under) it is a cool bike. It's
    really sized for kids rather than adults and teens. What Schwinn needs
    to do is make a large frame version so it can fit adults.

    I want to see Darren Bedford's chopper uni when he gets it built.

    --
    john_childs - Guinness Mojo

    john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

  4. UNHicyclist

    UNHicyclist Guest

    Last friday i was part of a joint purchase of a new Sting Ray bike. The
    size of the frame is 20", and the bike is pretty small, despite the fact
    that it's 6 feet long! I have heard that Schwinn will be making a
    limited production 26" frame bike in june and i really would recommend
    buying one to anyone who likes cruising and relaxing.
    The ride is very smooth, and when i rode it with my uniing buddy, people
    were noticing the crazy bike before the uni!!! Definitely a rad
    chopper!!
    -Josh

    --
    UNHicyclist - unicycling changed my life. . .

    Random girl: Do you want to have kids someday?

    Me: Why, you offering?
    UNHicyclist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5236

  5. dforbes

    dforbes Guest

  6. In my opinion, this bike is super uncomfortable to ride. A guy around
    my house bought one and let me take a test ride, and I have to say I
    didn't like it. Its seems like it's "fashion over function." Granted,
    its a sick looking bike, and the back tire would make an insane uni, its
    just an uncomfortable bike.

    --
    digitalattrition - Addicted to Crank (mounts)

    "can you do a wheelie on that?!"
    --Some kid I saw when I was riding
    digitalattrition's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6430