2001 Raleigh Full Suspension Maintenance

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Frank Cuttone, Feb 20, 2003.

  1. I own a 2001 Full suspension Raleigh M7000 MTB, I cannot find any information regarding maintenance
    of the full suspension frame linkage either online or in the manual provided with the bike. A call
    to Raleigh directly yealded an answer like " ask you local dealer for assistance" They recomended to
    bring the bike in for service. I want to do the maintenance myself, anyone have first hand
    experience with this......? Does this linkage have bearings or Bushings and can they be
    lubricated.....?

    Tags:

  2. Garry N

    Garry N Guest

    Wash the bike after every muddy ride, do not use a hose or power washer to get the dirt off. Lube
    all of the pivots with a light chain lube like Tri-Flo. Make sure to check all of the pivots and
    shock mounts after you clean and lube. Keep them all snug and never ride with something loose. Start
    saving for your next bike, The M-7990 has been replaced by a MUCH nicer bike called the Ram. Hope
    this helps, Garry

    news:[email protected]...