2002 Giant TCR Aero Compact Road Tri Bike

sunfire67

Feb 21, 2004
Looking for some input on this bike....I am 6' tall and 190lbs. This bike is for sale in my area nad the guy is asking $700.....Looking for peoples opinions....Most of the bike shops I visited the guys said that I would fit a bike approx a 56cm and this is 55.5cm. Looking for your input!!!!

SPECS:

color Black Anodized

size 55.5cm (riders approx. 6ft. tall)

frame SL ALUXX double butted aluminum, Compact Road Design, Integrated forged headtube

fork Giant Composite Aero Straightblade 1 1/8"

derailleur Front: Shimano 105, Rear: Shimano 105

derailleurshifters Shimano 105 STI, 9 speed

cranks Shimano 105, 39/ 53T

pedals Shimano R-535 clipless

handlebar Cinelli Altera

stem Giant Composite

headset FSA Integrated, Cartridge bearings

brakes Shimano 105

saddle Selle Italia XO genuine gel leather

seatpost SL Composite Aero w/ micro adjust, 27.2

rims Shimano R-535 Aero Wheelset

hubs Shimano R-535 Aero Wheelset

cassette Shimano 105 12-25T, 9 speed

spokes Shimano R-535 Aero Wheelset

additional Cinelli Corna clip on aero bars

I told the guy I would buy it and then he goes and tells me that someone was sending out e-mails and he had no control. I feel he was full og ****, very disappointed. Rob Levine is a reneger!!!!!!!

sunfire67 said:
Looking for some input on this bike....I am 6' tall and 190lbs. This bike is for sale in my area nad the guy is asking $700.....Looking for peoples opinions....Most of the bike shops I visited the guys said that I would fit a bike approx a 56cm and this is 55.5cm. Looking for your input!!!!

SPECS:

color Black Anodized

size 55.5cm (riders approx. 6ft. tall)

frame SL ALUXX double butted aluminum, Compact Road Design, Integrated forged headtube

I have 2 road bikes -- a 2002 Giant TCR Aero 2 and a 2003 Cervelo Soloist Team w/ DuraAce & Ksyrium SSC SL’s. I hit 30.5 mph top speed on the Giant, 29.2 mph on the Cervelo. I’m currently trying to match or beat out my top speed on the Cervelo. Probably the low gearing on the cassette is what makes my Giant faster.

The 2002 Giant TCR Aero 2 is an excellent bike. I crashed into a car at 17 mph and it didn’t break my fork. My R535 wheel broke. Get the bike cheap on ebay, or get the 2003 Giant TCR Aero 2. The 2004 models look ugly.

My Giant is my trainer bike, and it's just as fast as my $3033 Cervelo.