2003 alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent results

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
news:[email protected]...
> 1st Place: Tom Sherman of "Will he ever shut up about his Sunset" at 1723 postings (6 threads
> initiated).
>
> 2nd Place: Edward Dolan of "Left-wing extremist wacko nuts" at 1098 postings (0 threads
> initiated).
>
> 3rd Place: Mikael Seierup of "I got carbon fiber" at 984 postings (86 threads initiated).

carbon bike in every post. ;o)

M.

Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> 1st Place: Tom Sherman of "Will he ever shut up about his Sunset" at 1723 postings (6 threads
> initiated).
>
> 2nd Place: Edward Dolan of "Left-wing extremist wacko nuts" at 1098 postings (0 threads
> initiated).
>
> 3rd Place: Mikael Seierup of "I got carbon fiber" at 984 postings (86 threads initiated).
>
> <http://netscan.research.microsoft.com/Static/reportcard.asp?timespan=y&searchfor=alt.rec.bicycle-
> s.recumbent&searchdate=2003>.
>
> Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

Yes, but my posts are more substantial than yours and Mikael's, to say nothing of quality. Also,
please note that I do not initiate threads. I always just merely respond - and then I get all the
blame for being a trouble maker. Sigh! ;)

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>

> carbon bike in every post. ;o)

At least you got second on initiated threads. Most of them like "Oh My Gawd, the carbon got a
scratch!" ;-)

BTW did Halfdan pick up the goodies yesterday?

Torben

"Torben Scheel" skrev...

> BTW did Halfdan pick up the goodies yesterday?

Yep. Tossed in some stuff from the cheap MTB I bought that I wont be using on the M5. Take good care
of my poor seat. I need it back in one piece. ;o)

Will mail you later. Right now I need to proofread. Noon deadline.

Mikael

<[email protected]> skrev...
> Hmm this doesn't calculate how much time you wasted on Usenet. At least the MUDs do that, so you
> can control it and stop any time you need to.

Well not really. I'm 420 days old on Genesis but most of that time have been spent idle while
working in another screen. With clients and triggers you don't even have to be at the computer if
you can get someone to drag you.

Its -8 C here today *brrrr* And my TE-clone needs a new innertube. Blah. (Recumbent content)

Mikael

> Its -8 C here today *brrrr* And my TE-clone needs a new innertube. Blah. (Recumbent content)

Looks nice and sunny outside. About 55 F. Birds are singing. I had a nice brisk ride in this
morning, and I think I'll enjoy my cruise home. Flats? Hah! I have my new Christmas CO2 tire
pump with me!

"GeoB" skrev...
> > Its -8 C here today *brrrr* And my TE-clone needs a new innertube. Blah. (Recumbent content)
>
> Looks nice and sunny outside. About 55 F. Birds are singing. I had a nice brisk ride in this
> morning, and I think I'll enjoy my cruise home. Flats? Hah! I have my new Christmas CO2 tire pump
> with me!

Well actually it was sunny and warm here too. For -8C anyway. Trouble with the tube is not flats.
The valve is too short and the tire a bit too wide for the rim... so the tube makes the tire bulge
at the valve and this gives an annoying bumpy ride plus a risk of it popping off. I need to put the
old tube with a long unthreaded valve back on. A bit more work due to my rollerbrakes.

M.

Mikael Seierup wrote:

> ... Its -8 C here today *brrrr* And my TE-clone needs a new innertube. Blah....

Helpful hint: take the bicycle inside before working on it. ;)

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities