2003 Car-Free Challenge - Win a Giro!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bentrider

Sorry for spamming the newsgroup here but I hope that most of you realize that I don't (and won't)
make a habit of this.

Anyway, our 2003 Car-Free Challenge is coming up in about three weeks. I wanted to let you know
about the challenge. If you've already heard of it, I wanted to give you an update on the prize
package. Bacchetta has come through for us again and donated a 2003 Bacchetta Giro to the prize
package. This joins our donation of a demo'd EZ Sport or $500 cash (winner's choice). The contest is
really not as intimidating as it sounds and this is a great opportunity to get a couple of great
bikes for free. Check out more info at http://www.bentrideronline.com/STP/carfreepage.htm

Be sure to come back and visit us again June first to check out the first of our new, expanded
issues. More than twice as much content as the old 'BentRider issues.

Again, I apologize for the mass e-mail.

Bryan J. Ball www.bentrideronline.com

>'BentRider at [email protected] wrote on 5/25/03 2:41 AM: Sorry for spamming the newsgroup
>here but I hope that most of you realize that I don't (and won't) make a habit of this. Anyway, our
>2003 Car-Free Challenge is coming up in about three weeks. I wanted to let you know about the
>challenge. If you've already heard of it, I wanted to give you an update on the prize package.
>Bacchetta has come through for us again and donated a 2003 Bacchetta Giro to the prize package.
>This joins our donation of a demo'd EZ Sport or $500 cash (winner's choice). The contest is really
>not as intimidating as it sounds and this is a great opportunity to get a couple of great bikes for
>free. Check out more info at http://www.bentrideronline.com/STP/carfreepage.htm
>
> Be sure to come back and visit us again June first to check out the first of our new, expanded
> issues. More than twice as much content as the old 'BentRider issues.
>
> Again, I apologize for the mass e-mail.
>
> Bryan J. Ball www.bentrideronline.com
>
======================================

Fabulous! Expect an essay from me! I assume that since there were no stated restrictions-that it is
not limited to Americans.

Gee I wonder if slapping a 500 watt E-Motor on a bent qualifies for this car-free challenge? I have
been car-free 52 years and am only NOW thinking about getting my drivers license.
----------------------------
"Jay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BAF66779.F6C7%[email protected]...
> >'BentRider at [email protected] wrote on 5/25/03 2:41 AM: Sorry for spamming the
> >newsgroup here but I hope that most of you realize that I don't (and won't) make a habit of this.
> >Anyway, our 2003 Car-Free Challenge is coming up in about three weeks. I wanted to let you know
> >about the challenge. If you've already heard of it, I wanted to give you an update on the prize
> >package. Bacchetta has come through for us again and donated a 2003 Bacchetta Giro to the prize
> >package. This joins our donation of a demo'd EZ Sport or $500 cash (winner's choice). The contest
> >is really not as intimidating as it sounds and this is a great opportunity to get a couple of
> >great bikes for free. Check out more info at http://www.bentrideronline.com/STP/carfreepage.htm
> >
> > Be sure to come back and visit us again June first to check out the first of our new, expanded
> > issues. More than twice as much content as the old 'BentRider issues.
> >
> > Again, I apologize for the mass e-mail.
> >
> > Bryan J. Ball www.bentrideronline.com
> >
> ======================================
>
> Fabulous! Expect an essay from me! I assume that since there were no stated restrictions-that
> it is not
limited
> to Americans.

there is good spam and bad spam and your messages are welcome since I don't remember ever seeing one
of yours that did not announce something of benefit to the bent community.
"'BentRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Sorry for spamming the newsgroup here but I hope that most of you realize that I don't (and won't)
> make a habit of this.
>
> Anyway, our 2003 Car-Free Challenge is coming up in about three weeks. I wanted to let you know
> about the challenge. If you've already heard of it, I wanted to give you an update on the prize
> package. Bacchetta has come through for us again and donated a 2003 Bacchetta Giro to the prize
> package. This joins our donation of a demo'd EZ Sport or $500 cash (winner's choice). The contest
> is really not as intimidating as it sounds and this is a great opportunity to get a couple of
> great bikes for free. Check out more info at http://www.bentrideronline.com/STP/carfreepage.htm
>
> Be sure to come back and visit us again June first to check out the first of our new, expanded
>
>

[email protected] ('BentRider) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Sorry for spamming the newsgroup here but I hope that most of you realize that I don't (and won't)
> make a habit of this.
>
> Anyway, our 2003 Car-Free Challenge is coming up in about three weeks. I wanted to let you know
> about the challenge. If you've already heard of it, I wanted to give you an update on the prize
> package. Bacchetta has come through for us again and donated a 2003 Bacchetta Giro to the prize
> package. This joins our donation of a demo'd EZ Sport or $500 cash (winner's choice). The contest
> is really not as intimidating as it sounds and this is a great opportunity to get a couple of
> great bikes for free. Check out more info at http://www.bentrideronline.com/STP/carfreepage.htm
>
>
>

Ok. Let's make it public. I don't think this is a winner, but your all welcome to it. ;) I live 44
miles from my employer. That is an 88 mile round trip. I make about 10 miles a day on my bike on
average around town as excercise and minor shopping because I CANNOT ride my bike to work. Well, I
can if I am willing to ride just short of a double century a day. You see, the federal government
has seen fit to tell me that there are 2 bridges between my house and my employer that I cannot
use due to the fact that I can not ride at 45 MPH or greater, so I am a hazzard. The fact that one
of these bridges has a > six foot shoulder is of no concern to them. The fact that the other would
probably be suicide without the support of the local/state police is beside the point. I cannot
get from Illinois to Missouri without going 70 miles out of my way. 40 miles if I could use the
interstate shoulders, but once again, I am a second class citizen. Oh, I also forgot that the
Illinois Supreme Court has decided that myself and my 11 and 7 year old sons, and EVERY OTHER
CYCLING CHILD, in Illinois, as well as every other adult cyclist, are not valid users of the road
system in Illinois, so I guess I am a scoff law for riding anyway. Oh well, the Illinois Supreme
Court can bite me. If they have a problem with this political statement they can reach me at
[email protected]. Actually that's [email protected], and I will have my attournies tell me
to appoligize immediately since I can't win any political battle aginst you since I do not have
large volumes of cash on hand to purchace a campaign. Well, since I have both the state of
Illinois and the U.S. federal government aginst me I will surrender now. Sorry guy's. I'm a
coward. I can't jepordize my family and their well being to be able to ride my bike to and from
work. I do hearby kiss ass and grovel without pride to have the powers that be leave me out of
their battle with cyclists.

Bryan

Unfortunately, America is not a bike-friendly country.

You are correct that a lot of Americans can't practically commute to and from work by bicycle.
However, by running a few errands by bike every now and then you are still doing far more than
most people.

We almost renamed the Car-Free Challenge to the Car-Light Challenge this year since that is more
indicative of its true purpose. We just want people to use there cars less often.

On 26 May 2003 03:14:43 -0700, [email protected] (azqaz) wrote:

>[email protected] ('BentRider) wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> Sorry for spamming the newsgroup here but I hope that most of you realize that I don't (and
>> won't) make a habit of this.
>>
>> Anyway, our 2003 Car-Free Challenge is coming up in about three weeks. I wanted to let you know
>> about the challenge. If you've already heard of it, I wanted to give you an update on the prize
>> package. Bacchetta has come through for us again and donated a 2003 Bacchetta Giro to the prize
>> package. This joins our donation of a demo'd EZ Sport or $500 cash (winner's choice). The contest
>> is really not as intimidating as it sounds and this is a great opportunity to get a couple of
>> great bikes for free. Check out more info at http://www.bentrideronline.com/STP/carfreepage.htm
>>
>> Be sure to come back and visit us again June first to check out the first of our new, expanded
>> issues. More than twice as much content as the old 'BentRider issues.
>>
>> Again, I apologize for the mass e-mail.
>>
>> Bryan J. Ball www.bentrideronline.com
>
>Ok. Let's make it public. I don't think this is a winner, but your all welcome to it. ;) I live 44
>miles from my employer. That is an 88 mile round trip. I make about 10 miles a day on my bike on
>average around town as excercise and minor shopping because I CANNOT ride my bike to work. Well, I
>can if I am willing to ride just short of a double century a day. You see, the federal government
>has seen fit to tell me that there are 2 bridges between my house and my employer that I cannot use
>due to the fact that I can not ride at 45 MPH or greater, so I am a hazzard. The fact that one of
>these bridges has a > six foot shoulder is of no concern to them. The fact that the other would
>probably be suicide without the support of the local/state police is beside the point. I cannot get
>from Illinois to Missouri without going 70 miles out of my way. 40 miles if I could use the
>interstate shoulders, but once again, I am a second class citizen. Oh, I also forgot that the
>Illinois Supreme Court has decided that myself and my 11 and 7 year old sons, and EVERY OTHER
>CYCLING CHILD, in Illinois, as well as every other adult cyclist, are not valid users of the road
>system in Illinois, so I guess I am a scoff law for riding anyway. Oh well, the Illinois Supreme
>Court can bite me. If they have a problem with this political statement they can reach me at
>[email protected]. Actually that's [email protected], and I will have my attournies tell me
>to appoligize immediately since I can't win any political battle aginst you since I do not have
>large volumes of cash on hand to purchace a campaign. Well, since I have both the state of Illinois
>and the U.S. federal government aginst me I will surrender now. Sorry guy's. I'm a coward. I can't
>jepordize my family and their well being to be able to ride my bike to and from work. I do hearby
>kiss ass and grovel without pride to have the powers that be leave me out of their battle with
>cyclists.
>
>Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.