2003 Cervelo Soloist Build and Question

drp5063

Sep 12, 2010
Hey everyone,

I just recently purchased a road frame from a friend and I am starting to build it up. It is a 2003 Cervelo Soloist. He raced on the same model frame, cracked it, sent it back to Cervelo for a replacement, but the replacement came 8 months later. By that time he had already got a new bike. So this frame has never been built up and it is in original bubble wrap!

I was wondering if anybody knew of a place that has all the specifications for older frames like this. I looked at BikePedia.com but they only had 2004 and up.

I need to know what size fork to get, either 1" or 1 1/8" steer tube. Anybody have an experience with this year frame?

Thanks alot!

Hello,

I also own a 2003 Cervelo Soloist Team. (Red and White Frame). If this is your frame, it should be a 1" steerer tube. I read somewhere that sometime in 2004 (Red and Black Frame), they switched to 1 1/8" steerer tube. Unsure what other specs you need. I've included a link to the Cervelo site for 2003 that has the Soloist Team specs for that year.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030224102741/www.cervelo.com/text-icon-Solo-team.html

Great choice of frame to build up. In my opinion, best paint job Cervelo ever did!

rod

Hey,

Thanks for the link!

Yeah I'm pretty excited to build it up, have pretty much everything ready to go except a headset (waiting on the LBS order)

I'll be sure to post some pictures when it's all built up.

Thanks again,

-Dan