2003 Giant Warp DS 1 owners...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jd, Jun 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > I've had mine (2001) 2 years now and haven't changed a thing except for the half-pipe
    > > > shifters. Certain posters think it's a URT, but evidently haven't seen one in person.<snip
    > > > neven more tripe>
    > >
    > > If this isn't a URT, then tell us all what it is ricky:
    > > http://www.giant-bicycle.com/us/catalogue_popup.asp?sPageID=popup&popuptype=zoom&zoomid=10639
    >
    > It's a bike you haven't seen in person let alone ridden therefore it's a bike you haven't a clue
    > about. As usual.

    Why the hell would I waste a ride on one of those?

    > If the BB/crank were located on the rear traingle, isolating the entire drivetrainlike your old
    > Trek, then yes, it would be a URT.
    >
    > <http://www.math.chalmers.se/~olahe/Bike/Rear/urt.html>
    >
    > The Warp's BB/crank is located on the main triangle. Had you seen it in person instead of just
    > looking at pictures, you wouldn't spout off while being so un-informed. Of course that no surprise
    > to some of us.
    >
    > Here's a close-up to make it clear for you.
    >
    > <http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst?.dir=/Giant+Drivetrain&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=-
    > http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst%3f%26.dir=/Giant%2bDrivetrain%26.src=ph%26.view=t>

    You never answered my question, ricky. What do you call it then? I choose to call it a POS variation
    of the URT.

    > > I bet you sell used cars too.
    >
    > If I did, I'd be better informed than you.

    nowlej iz gud

    > > The bottom line is that you can't polish a turd and URTs are crappy as well as outdated by about
    > > ten years.
    >
    > The bottom line is the Warp isn't a URT. Seems the only thing outdated is you.

    Yeah, I'm the one riding a polished turd, not you.

    JD
     
    Tags:


  2. R.White

    R.White Guest

    [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
    > > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > > I've had mine (2001) 2 years now and haven't changed a thing except for the half-pipe
    > > > > shifters. Certain posters think it's a URT, but evidently haven't seen one in person.<snip
    > > > > neven more tripe>
    > > >
    > > > If this isn't a URT, then tell us all what it is ricky:
    > > > http://www.giant-bicycle.com/us/catalogue_popup.asp?sPageID=popup&popuptype=zoom&zoomid=10639
    > >
    > > It's a bike you haven't seen in person let alone ridden therefore it's a bike you haven't a clue
    > > about. As usual.
    >
    > Why the hell would I waste a ride on one of those?

    Because you seem to be an "expert" but evidently wouldn't know a URT if it was rammed up your ass.

    > > If the BB/crank were located on the rear traingle, isolating the entire drivetrainlike your old
    > > Trek, then yes, it would be a URT.
    > >
    > > <http://www.math.chalmers.se/~olahe/Bike/Rear/urt.html>
    > >
    > > The Warp's BB/crank is located on the main triangle. Had you seen it in person instead of just
    > > looking at pictures, you wouldn't spout off while being so un-informed. Of course that no
    > > surprise to some of us.
    > >
    > > Here's a close-up to make it clear for you.
    > >
    > > <http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst?.dir=/Giant+Drivetrain&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.d-
    > > one=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst%3f%26.dir=/Giant%2bDrivetrain%26.src=ph%26.v-
    > > iew=t>
    >
    > You never answered my question, ricky. What do you call it then? I choose to call it a POS
    > variation of the URT.

    I call it a cantilever, jerry.

    <http://www.math.chalmers.se/~olahe/Bike/Rear/canti.html>

    What you choose to call it only matters in the confines of your tar-paper shack. Elsewhere it
    doesn't mean dick.

    Face it jerome, you were wrong. You spout that it's a URT as you have done in the past, but your
    actual experiance is limited to a photo. Rumor is you spent 3 weeks trying to find the shifters
    on your SS.
     
  3. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    JD wrote:

    >>It's a bike you haven't seen in person let alone ridden therefore it's a bike you haven't a clue
    >>about. As usual.
    >
    >
    > Why the hell would I waste a ride on one of those?

    Why indeed. And why make uninformed comments on a bike you haven't even seen?

    >><http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst?.dir=/Giant+Drivetrain&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=-
    >>http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst%3f%26.dir=/Giant%2bDrivetrain%26.src=ph%26.view=t>
    >
    >
    > You never answered my question, ricky. What do you call it then? I choose to call it a POS
    > variation of the URT.

    So you're admitting you're wrong, then. It's not like a URT, it's not a variation of a URT - it's
    just a single pivot located just above the BB. In fact, it's not that dissimilar in design to the
    Titus Loco-Moto. Or is that a "POS variation of the URT" too?

    --
    a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm

    b.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm
     
  4. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Because you seem to be an "expert" but evidently wouldn't know a URT if it was rammed up your ass.

    Your obsession is showing, ricky.

    JD
     
  5. MTBScottie

    MTBScottie Guest

    bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > JD wrote:
    >
    > >>It's a bike you haven't seen in person let alone ridden therefore it's a bike you haven't a clue
    > >>about. As usual.
    > >
    > >
    > > Why the hell would I waste a ride on one of those?
    >
    > Why indeed. And why make uninformed comments on a bike you haven't even seen?
    >
    > >><http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst?.dir=/Giant+Drivetrain&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.d-
    > >>one=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst%3f%26.dir=/Giant%2bDrivetrain%26.src=ph%26.v-
    > >>iew=t>
    > >
    > >
    > > You never answered my question, ricky. What do you call it then? I choose to call it a POS
    > > variation of the URT.
    >
    > So you're admitting you're wrong, then. It's not like a URT, it's not a variation of a URT - it's
    > just a single pivot located just above the BB. In fact, it's not that dissimilar in design to the
    > Titus Loco-Moto. Or is that a "POS variation of the URT" too?

    LOL, I think I'm just going to get the single speed out tonight and think about selling everything
    else but that; no worries about suspension, pedal bob, URT's etc LOL!
     
  6. R.White

    R.White Guest

    [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Because you seem to be an "expert" but evidently wouldn't know a URT if it was rammed up
    > > your ass.
    >
    > Your obsession is showing, ricky.

    Keep avoiding the obvious, jerome. You're clueless about bikes.
     
  7. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On 25 Jun 2003 15:02:12 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

    >bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> JD wrote:
    >>
    >> >>It's a bike you haven't seen in person let alone ridden therefore it's a bike you haven't a
    >> >>clue about. As usual.
    >> >
    >> >
    >> > Why the hell would I waste a ride on one of those?
    >>
    >> Why indeed. And why make uninformed comments on a bike you haven't even seen?
    >>
    >> >><http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst?.dir=/Giant+Drivetrain&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.d-
    >> >>one=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst%3f%26.dir=/Giant%2bDrivetrain%26.src=ph%26.v-
    >> >>iew=t>
    >> >
    >> >
    >> > You never answered my question, ricky. What do you call it then? I choose to call it a POS
    >> > variation of the URT.
    >>
    >> So you're admitting you're wrong, then. It's not like a URT, it's not a variation of a URT - it's
    >> just a single pivot located just above the BB. In fact, it's not that dissimilar in design to the
    >> Titus Loco-Moto. Or is that a "POS variation of the URT" too?
    >
    >LOL, I think I'm just going to get the single speed out tonight and think about selling everything
    >else but that; no worries about suspension, pedal bob, URT's etc LOL!

    Damn, Wheeler Jr in the house....
     
  8. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Because you seem to be an "expert" but evidently wouldn't know a URT if it was rammed up your
    > > > ass.
    > >
    > > Your obsession is showing, ricky.
    >
    >
    > Keep avoiding the obvious, jerome.

    Ok, I'll come right out and say it. You are obsessed with items being placed in asses.

    > You're clueless about bikes.

    Oh yeah, I'm the one riding a polished turd, not you.

    JD
     
  9. MTBScottie

    MTBScottie Guest

    Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 25 Jun 2003 15:02:12 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > >bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > >> JD wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >>It's a bike you haven't seen in person let alone ridden therefore it's a bike you haven't a
    > >> >>clue about. As usual.
    > >> >
    > >> >
    > >> > Why the hell would I waste a ride on one of those?
    > >>
    > >> Why indeed. And why make uninformed comments on a bike you haven't even seen?
    > >>
    > >> >><http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst?.dir=/Giant+Drivetrain&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.-
    > >> >>done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst%3f%26.dir=/Giant%2bDrivetrain%26.src=ph%26-
    > >> >>.view=t>
    > >> >
    > >> >
    > >> > You never answered my question, ricky. What do you call it then? I choose to call it a POS
    > >> > variation of the URT.
    > >>
    > >> So you're admitting you're wrong, then. It's not like a URT, it's not a variation of a URT -
    > >> it's just a single pivot located just above the BB. In fact, it's not that dissimilar in design
    > >> to the Titus Loco-Moto. Or is that a "POS variation of the URT" too?
    > >
    > >LOL, I think I'm just going to get the single speed out tonight and think about selling
    > >everything else but that; no worries about suspension, pedal bob, URT's etc LOL!
    >
    >
    > Damn, Wheeler Jr in the house....

    After all this, Kona seems to be beating the competition, releasing quite a few new 2004 models next
    month, and I think I've found what I want.

    http://www.konaworld.com/2k4bikes/2k4_dawgmatic.cfm
     
  10. Technician

    Technician Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > On 25 Jun 2003 15:02:12 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
    > >
    > > >bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > >> JD wrote:
    > > >>
    > > >> >>It's a bike you haven't seen in person let alone ridden therefore it's a bike you haven't a
    > > >> >>clue about. As usual.
    > > >> >
    > > >> >
    > > >> > Why the hell would I waste a ride on one of those?
    > > >>
    > > >> Why indeed. And why make uninformed comments on a bike you haven't even seen?
    > > >>
    > > >> >><http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst?.dir=/Giant+Drivetrain&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t-
    > > >> >>&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst%3f%26.dir=/Giant%2bDrivetrain%26.src=p-
    > > >> >>h%26.view=t>
    > > >> >
    > > >> >
    > > >> > You never answered my question, ricky. What do you call it then? I choose to call it a POS
    > > >> > variation of the URT.
    > > >>
    > > >> So you're admitting you're wrong, then. It's not like a URT, it's not a variation of a URT -
    > > >> it's just a single pivot located just above the BB. In fact, it's not that dissimilar in
    > > >> design to the Titus Loco-Moto. Or is that a "POS variation of the URT" too?
    > > >
    > > >LOL, I think I'm just going to get the single speed out tonight and think about selling
    > > >everything else but that; no worries about suspension, pedal bob, URT's etc LOL!
    > >
    > >
    > > Damn, Wheeler Jr in the house....
    >
    > After all this, Kona seems to be beating the competition, releasing quite a few new 2004 models
    > next month, and I think I've found what I want.
    >
    > http://www.konaworld.com/2k4bikes/2k4_dawgmatic.cfm

    Looks just like the 'Dawg Primo.' Just another overweight POS. Save your money.

    ~Travis
    --
    travis57 at megalink dot net

    travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer
    (current project: Automotive exhaust flame-thrower)
     
  11. Reco Diver

    Reco Diver Guest

    Technician <[email protected]am.megalink.net> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] wrote:

    <snip>

    > >
    > > After all this, Kona seems to be beating the competition, releasing quite a few new 2004 models
    > > next month, and I think I've found what I want.
    > >
    > > http://www.konaworld.com/2k4bikes/2k4_dawgmatic.cfm
    >
    > Looks just like the 'Dawg Primo.' Just another overweight POS. Save your money.
    >
    > ~Travis

    Take Travis' word on this one. After all he knows all about being an "overweight POS."

    > travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Masturbator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer/Only
    > Customer (current project: Automotive Exhaust Breathing Apparatus)

    R
     
  12. MTBScottie

    MTBScottie Guest

    [email protected] (Reco Diver) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Technician <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >
    > > >
    > > > After all this, Kona seems to be beating the competition, releasing quite a few new 2004
    > > > models next month, and I think I've found what I want.
    > > >
    > > > http://www.konaworld.com/2k4bikes/2k4_dawgmatic.cfm
    > >
    > > Looks just like the 'Dawg Primo.' Just another overweight POS. Save your money.
    > >
    > > ~Travis
    >
    >
    > Take Travis' word on this one. After all he knows all about being an "overweight POS."
    >
    > > travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Masturbator TF Custom Electronics,
    > > Owner/Founder/Developer/Only Customer (current project: Automotive Exhaust Breathing Apparatus)
    >
    > R

    I'll take his advice like I'll take JD's, which is worthless. I'm a two time Kona owner and
    know better.
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Loading...