2003 Giant Warp DS 1 owners...

Jd

Guest
[email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > I've had mine (2001) 2 years now and haven't changed a thing except for the half-pipe
> > > shifters. Certain posters think it's a URT, but evidently haven't seen one in person.<snip
> > > neven more tripe>
> >
> > If this isn't a URT, then tell us all what it is ricky:
> > http://www.giant-bicycle.com/us/catalogue_popup.asp?sPageID=popup&popuptype=zoom&zoomid=10639
>
> It's a bike you haven't seen in person let alone ridden therefore it's a bike you haven't a clue
> about. As usual.

Why the hell would I waste a ride on one of those?

> If the BB/crank were located on the rear traingle, isolating the entire drivetrainlike your old
> Trek, then yes, it would be a URT.
>
> <http://www.math.chalmers.se/~olahe/Bike/Rear/urt.html>
>
> The Warp's BB/crank is located on the main triangle. Had you seen it in person instead of just
> looking at pictures, you wouldn't spout off while being so un-informed. Of course that no surprise
> to some of us.
>
> Here's a close-up to make it clear for you.
>
> <http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst?.dir=/Giant+Drivetrain&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=-
> http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst%3f%26.dir=/Giant%2bDrivetrain%26.src=ph%26.view=t>

You never answered my question, ricky. What do you call it then? I choose to call it a POS variation
of the URT.

> > I bet you sell used cars too.
>
> If I did, I'd be better informed than you.

nowlej iz gud

> > The bottom line is that you can't polish a turd and URTs are crappy as well as outdated by about
> > ten years.
>
> The bottom line is the Warp isn't a URT. Seems the only thing outdated is you.

Yeah, I'm the one riding a polished turd, not you.

JD

> [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > > [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
> > > news:<[email protected]>...
> > >
> > > If this isn't a URT, then tell us all what it is ricky:
> > > http://www.giant-bicycle.com/us/catalogue_popup.asp?sPageID=popup&popuptype=zoom&zoomid=10639
> >
> > It's a bike you haven't seen in person let alone ridden therefore it's a bike you haven't a clue
> > about. As usual.
>
> Why the hell would I waste a ride on one of those?

Because you seem to be an "expert" but evidently wouldn't know a URT if it was rammed up your ass.

> > If the BB/crank were located on the rear traingle, isolating the entire drivetrainlike your old
> > Trek, then yes, it would be a URT.
> >
> > <http://www.math.chalmers.se/~olahe/Bike/Rear/urt.html>
> >
> > The Warp's BB/crank is located on the main triangle. Had you seen it in person instead of just
> > looking at pictures, you wouldn't spout off while being so un-informed. Of course that no
> > surprise to some of us.
> >
> > Here's a close-up to make it clear for you.
> >
> > <http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst?.dir=/Giant+Drivetrain&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.d-
> > one=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst%3f%26.dir=/Giant%2bDrivetrain%26.src=ph%26.v-
> > iew=t>
>
> You never answered my question, ricky. What do you call it then? I choose to call it a POS
> variation of the URT.

I call it a cantilever, jerry.

<http://www.math.chalmers.se/~olahe/Bike/Rear/canti.html>

What you choose to call it only matters in the confines of your tar-paper shack. Elsewhere it
doesn't mean ****.

Face it jerome, you were wrong. You spout that it's a URT as you have done in the past, but your
actual experiance is limited to a photo. Rumor is you spent 3 weeks trying to find the shifters
on your SS.

JD wrote:

>>It's a bike you haven't seen in person let alone ridden therefore it's a bike you haven't a clue
>>about. As usual.
>

> Why the hell would I waste a ride on one of those?

Why indeed. And why make uninformed comments on a bike you haven't even seen?

>><http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst?.dir=/Giant+Drivetrain&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=-
>>http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst%3f%26.dir=/Giant%2bDrivetrain%26.src=ph%26.view=t>
>

> You never answered my question, ricky. What do you call it then? I choose to call it a POS
> variation of the URT.

So you're admitting you're wrong, then. It's not like a URT, it's not a variation of a URT - it's
just a single pivot located just above the BB. In fact, it's not that dissimilar in design to the
Titus Loco-Moto. Or is that a "POS variation of the URT" too?

bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> JD wrote:
>
> >>It's a bike you haven't seen in person let alone ridden therefore it's a bike you haven't a clue
> >>about. As usual.
> >

> > Why the hell would I waste a ride on one of those?
>
> Why indeed. And why make uninformed comments on a bike you haven't even seen?
>
> >><http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst?.dir=/Giant+Drivetrain&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.d-
> >>one=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/ricknjoelle/lst%3f%26.dir=/Giant%2bDrivetrain%26.src=ph%26.v-
> >>iew=t>
> >

> > You never answered my question, ricky. What do you call it then? I choose to call it a POS
> > variation of the URT.
>
> So you're admitting you're wrong, then. It's not like a URT, it's not a variation of a URT - it's
> just a single pivot located just above the BB. In fact, it's not that dissimilar in design to the
> Titus Loco-Moto. Or is that a "POS variation of the URT" too?

LOL, I think I'm just going to get the single speed out tonight and think about selling everything
else but that; no worries about suspension, pedal bob, URT's etc LOL!

On 25 Jun 2003 15:02:12 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

>> > Why the hell would I waste a ride on one of those?
>>
>> Why indeed. And why make uninformed comments on a bike you haven't even seen?

>> > You never answered my question, ricky. What do you call it then? I choose to call it a POS
>> > variation of the URT.
>>
>> So you're admitting you're wrong, then. It's not like a URT, it's not a variation of a URT - it's
>> just a single pivot located just above the BB. In fact, it's not that dissimilar in design to the
>> Titus Loco-Moto. Or is that a "POS variation of the URT" too?
>
>LOL, I think I'm just going to get the single speed out tonight and think about selling everything
>else but that; no worries about suspension, pedal bob, URT's etc LOL!

Damn, Wheeler Jr in the house....

[email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Because you seem to be an "expert" but evidently wouldn't know a URT if it was rammed up your
> > > ass.
> >
> > Your obsession is showing, ricky.
>

> Keep avoiding the obvious, jerome.

Ok, I'll come right out and say it. You are obsessed with items being placed in asses.

> You're clueless about bikes.

Oh yeah, I'm the one riding a polished turd, not you.

JD

Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 25 Jun 2003 15:02:12 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>
> >bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> >> Why indeed. And why make uninformed comments on a bike you haven't even seen?

> >> So you're admitting you're wrong, then. It's not like a URT, it's not a variation of a URT -
> >> it's just a single pivot located just above the BB. In fact, it's not that dissimilar in design
> >> to the Titus Loco-Moto. Or is that a "POS variation of the URT" too?
> >
> >LOL, I think I'm just going to get the single speed out tonight and think about selling
> >everything else but that; no worries about suspension, pedal bob, URT's etc LOL!
>

> Damn, Wheeler Jr in the house....

After all this, Kona seems to be beating the competition, releasing quite a few new 2004 models next
month, and I think I've found what I want.

http://www.konaworld.com/2k4bikes/2k4_dawgmatic.cfm

[email protected] wrote:

> Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> > >LOL, I think I'm just going to get the single speed out tonight and think about selling
> > >everything else but that; no worries about suspension, pedal bob, URT's etc LOL!
> >

> > Damn, Wheeler Jr in the house....
>
> After all this, Kona seems to be beating the competition, releasing quite a few new 2004 models
> next month, and I think I've found what I want.
>
> http://www.konaworld.com/2k4bikes/2k4_dawgmatic.cfm

Looks just like the 'Dawg Primo.' Just another overweight POS. Save your money.

~Travis
--
travis57 at megalink dot net

travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer

Technician <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] wrote:

<snip>

> > After all this, Kona seems to be beating the competition, releasing quite a few new 2004 models
> > next month, and I think I've found what I want.
> >
> > http://www.konaworld.com/2k4bikes/2k4_dawgmatic.cfm
>
> Looks just like the 'Dawg Primo.' Just another overweight POS. Save your money.
>
> ~Travis

Take Travis' word on this one. After all he knows all about being an "overweight POS."

> travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Masturbator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer/Only
> Customer (current project: Automotive Exhaust Breathing Apparatus)

[email protected] (Reco Diver) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Technician <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

> > > After all this, Kona seems to be beating the competition, releasing quite a few new 2004
> > > models next month, and I think I've found what I want.
> > >
> > > http://www.konaworld.com/2k4bikes/2k4_dawgmatic.cfm
> >
> > Looks just like the 'Dawg Primo.' Just another overweight POS. Save your money.
> >
> > ~Travis
>

> Take Travis' word on this one. After all he knows all about being an "overweight POS."
>
> > travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Masturbator TF Custom Electronics,
> > Owner/Founder/Developer/Only Customer (current project: Automotive Exhaust Breathing Apparatus)

I'll take his advice like I'll take JD's, which is worthless. I'm a two time Kona owner and
know better.