2003 Jamis Durango SX

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Questmaster, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Questmaster

Questmaster New Member

Good Day:

I am about the buy my first bike and I was hoping someone could give me some feedback. I am looking at a Jamis Durango SX. I am not a really big rider but I hope to be someday and I want to start at the right place. I have read alot but could not find much on the Jamis line other then on their web site. Any comments would be nice,

Thank You,
    Questmaster

Tags:

2. cachehiker

cachehiker New Member

I'd say it's a pretty good choice for a first bike. The Jamis frames I've checked out have a pretty good reputation and the Deore components are easily upgradeable piece at a time as they wear out. The fork could be improved upon but I'd wait until after you can actually feel it holding you back. :)

3. Questmaster

Questmaster New Member

Thank you very much. I feel better today about buying it as I had a couple guys from work look it over first. I think I got a really good deal and I cannot wait until spring to hit the trails. I should be good and ready by then.

4. donhix1

donhix1 New Member

I bought a 2002 Durango SX last winter when I found a good deal. I then bought a firm ride kit for the fork from ANswer products (about 25 bucks)and it really helped (although I am around 200 pounds).

I have been happy with the purchase. Although I rented a Specialized Epic at Spooner lake at Lake Tahoe (35$ a day what a steal!!). If you go to the specialized web site there is a picture of the flume trail I rode. Now I find myself finding excuses to go to the bike shop just to look at the Epics.

Getting back to Jamis. I think they offer a good deal at their regular price if you compare what components they put on their bikes. Trek, Specialized ect cost $100+ for bikes with similiar components.