2003 Klein Paint - problems?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Missoulabiker, Apr 26, 2003.

  1. Klein has been doing a really good job with their paint in the last few years. But this year, I
    dropped by my local bike shop and saw the bike shop and saw the Palomino. The scheme as advertised
    on the web looks appealing enough, but the implementation I saw looked poor. The lettering was
    almost unreadable (not blurred, but too dark). Has anyone else seen this?

    PS If you haven't seen the 24 hour finish they have available through the custom paint program
    ....it's kind of cool: http://www.kleinbikes.com/custom/glow.asp

    Tags:

  2. MissoulaBiker wrote:

    > Klein has been doing a really good job with their paint in the last few years. But this year, I
    > dropped by my local bike shop and saw the bike shop and saw the Palomino. The scheme as advertised
    > on the web looks appealing enough, but the implementation I saw looked poor. The lettering was
    > almost unreadable (not blurred, but too dark). Has anyone else seen this?

    We have a Palomino on the shop, and I'm with you. The quality of the paint job is poor, with a
    noticeable ridge between the lettering and the main paint color. The Klein road bikes are much
    better, coming in about average.

    Barry

  3. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > PS If you haven't seen the 24 hour finish they have available through the custom paint program
    > ....it's kind of cool: http://www.kleinbikes.com/custom/glow.asp

    That is without a doubt a bonkers paint job, fair play to 'em.

    Andy Chequer