2003 RANS Velocity 2

Marci Taylor

Guest
I just bought a new V2 for a really good price. My first impression is that it is really a lot of
bike for the money and I paid $950. for mine. I have read complaints about the handlebar/steering
but I disagree. The very stretched out arm position for me is very positive. The steering has no
tiller and is very stable at low speeds. The groupo also seems to perform well, ie, shifting,
braking, etc. All in all, this is a very good bike for the money. Also, this year Rans did a better
job on the seat foam. I had an 02 and it seemed like it was uncomfortable, but this seat feels
better to me. I also noticed that the drivetrain is very quiet. The bike is stiff but I didn't find
it to be uncomfortably stiff, just good power transfer. Marci

In article <[email protected]>, Marci Taylor says...

>I just bought a new V2 for a really good price. My first impression is that it is really a lot of
>bike for the money and I paid $950. for mine. I have read complaints about the handlebar/steering
>but I disagree. The very stretched out arm position for me is very positive. The steering has no
>tiller and is very stable at low speeds. The groupo also seems to perform well, ie, shifting,
>braking, etc. All in all, this is a very good bike for the money. Also, this year Rans did a better
>job on the seat foam. I had an 02 and it seemed like it was uncomfortable, but this seat feels
>better to me. I also noticed that the drivetrain is very quiet. The bike is stiff but I didn't find
>it to be uncomfortably stiff, just good power transfer. Marci

Marci,

Glad you find the '03 V2 ride so comfortable. I too felt the new handlebar configuration gave really
good handling, with no tiller and good low speed control. But in my case the position was just too
stretched out. Maybe my legs are too long for my arms, but I wasn't able to recline the seat and
still reach the bars. I switched my steering back to the old style and now love the bike, though I
do my have to put up with the dreaded tiller effect.

Steve Christensen Midland, MI

[email protected] (Marci Taylor) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I just bought a new V2 for a really good price. My first impression is that it is really a lot of
> bike for the money and I paid $950. for mine. I have read complaints about the handlebar/steering
> but I disagree. The very stretched out arm position for me is very positive. The steering has no
> tiller and is very stable at low speeds. The groupo also seems to perform well, ie, shifting,
> braking, etc. All in all, this is a very good bike for the money. Also, this year Rans did a
> better job on the seat foam. I had an 02 and it seemed like it was uncomfortable, but this seat
> feels better to me. I also noticed that the drivetrain is very quiet. The bike is stiff but I
> didn't find it to be uncomfortably stiff, just good power transfer. Marci

Great to hear from you Marci. When I read your posts about your new bikes I know that spring is
not far away.

Mike S. St. Louis, Mo.

Steve Christensen <[email protected]> wrote

> I too felt the new handlebar configuration gave really good handling, with no tiller and good low
> speed control. But in my case the position was just too stretched out. Maybe my legs are too long
> for my arms, but I wasn't able to recline the seat and still reach the bars. I switched my
> steering back to the old style and now love the bike, though I do my have to put up with the
> dreaded tiller effect.

I bought the longest of the new risers and cut the ball off, slightly shortend a toploader stem, and
now have an adjustable "new" setup. I also bought the mid-width bar, and while I liked it at first,
I didn't like it when it got cold and my hands were outside the fairing. I returned to my short bar
that I bought with the top-loader and just loved it. I re-cut the Wind-Wrap to fit the shorter
riser, anchored the bottom to the fork, and mounted it at the top with bar ends like Mark Mueller
showed on his web site. Now, I have a slighty more stretched out position, little tiller, and my
hands are tucked warmly under the fairing. All is well.

Tom Balmer Goatbiker/V2

Mike S.,
It's always Spring in California or at least compared to the lousy Winter
weather we get here in the Midwest.
Ben fox
news:[email protected]...