2003 Vuelta Why no posts?

jordon198

Jul 29, 2003
I guess I'm guilty as well, as I've not posted anything about it, but after watching every day on OLN here in the US, was that an exciting race or what?

To have it come down to the last ITT, and have Harras ( spelled incorrectly? ) make up that much time over that short of distance, it was amazing!

Thanks to OLN for their coverage: I do however refuse to watch the bulling riding on OLN, for the simple reason that after watching the TDF for the past three years I bought my bike and began to ride. Now I lust after 6000.00 bikes that I don't need. If I take the same path with the bulls I'll be forced to buy one and ride it everyday in the back yard.

Originally posted by jordon198
I guess I'm guilty as well, as I've not posted anything about it, but .....

To have it come down to the last ITT, and have Harras ( spelled incorrectly? ) ....

No wonder no one has posted anything, I mean you can't even spell the main rider properly! :eek:

Is there a reader in the US who happens to have the mountain TT, Stage 19, on tape? I could only read the live updates on cyclingnews.com and would love to see it on video. I'm willing to pay for a blank tape and shipping costs.

Thanks!

Andy

Sorry, don't have it ..........

But DAMN!!! What a race to watch! After Schumacher's disappointing qualifying on Speed, it was great to watch the Vuelta over on OLN! (Of course Schumi won yesterday, but that is neither here nor there).

Heras was the man! Had to be one of the best TT's I have seen, just short of the Lemond comeback in '89!

Fair redemption for Heras since he got screwed last year because of a TT. Karmic payback for sacrificing for Armstrong the past two years .......

Originally posted by Daremo
Sorry, don't have it ..........

But DAMN!!! What a race to watch! After Schumacher's disappointing qualifying on Speed, it was great to watch the Vuelta over on OLN! (Of course Schumi won yesterday, but that is neither here nor there).

Heras was the man! Had to be one of the best TT's I have seen, just short of the Lemond comeback in '89!

Fair redemption for Heras since he got screwed last year because of a TT. Karmic payback for sacrificing for Armstrong the past two years .......

Sure, rub it in.

Somebody out there must have it.

Originally posted by Hopkid
Sure, rub it in.

Somebody out there must have it.

I didnt get to watch a peep of it on OLN!! They had it on during the day where most of us work! How stupid! I really wanted to watch, but they had bull riding on the peak hour, and biking on during work. bull riding?!?!

On Sat. and Sun. it was on at 3:00 pm ......... ideal time for those non-football watchers ........

Originally posted by i2ambler
I didnt get to watch a peep of it on OLN!! They had it on during the day where most of us work! How stupid! I really wanted to watch, but they had bull riding on the peak hour, and biking on during work. bull riding?!?!

Invest in the best piece of home electronics ever, a TIVO machine. The TIVO will learn what you like to watch and record them even if you don't know a particular show is comming on. You can also set it to record all bike races for example.

Find a friend who has one and talk to them, the concept is fairly simple, but without seeing one in action it is very hard to explain how useful they are.

Originally posted by jordon198
Invest in the best piece of home electronics ever, a TIVO machine. The TIVO will learn what you like to watch and record them even if you don't know a particular show is comming on. You can also set it to record all bike races for example.

Find a friend who has one and talk to them, the concept is fairly simple, but without seeing one in action it is very hard to explain how useful they are.

Yeah, I know what it is.. I just havent invested in one.. I think brighthouse gives you one for like 6 bucks a month. I may do that.

Originally posted by i2ambler
Same problem here, alll I saw was on the "Summer Sports Zone" on Thursday Night. I just wish they would have done a same day tape late like they did with the TDF. I would have stayed up late just to see some of the live action.

sorry ive been very busy of late but i did get to see most of the vuelta and it turned out great in the end despite what i thought was a weak course and poor tactics by many of the gc contenders.

well done heras