2004 Campy Chorus vs. 2003 Campy Record

Originally posted by fushman
Originally posted by Adam-from-SLO

Just ride your damn bike......
well at least something you said made sense

Thanks man !!

Not that it has anything to do with the original quesiton posed , but hey..... if you dont ride your Campy 10spd bike..... then who gives a rats a$$ what groupo you pick.

I envision the Campy line as a "higher end" componentry available to the open market. I also bet that many people with serious money $$ buy bikes equiped with Record......... then may simply not even ride them..... but simply "have them" to show off to there friends, etc. Thats really too bad, because a large part of the fun is Riding the stuff..... on a weekly basis .... and hey, maybe one day you'll actually "Break a Record" so to speak , and be able to hang that Super highly durable part up in your office and be able to say, "hey, I rode this part 39K miles +++, and if finally gave on me!". Now thats a story... a very long one at that.

Again, just ride... and have fun doing so. :cool:

Originally posted by Adam-from-SLO
Thanks man !!

Not that it has anything to do with the original quesiton posed , but hey..... if you dont ride your Campy 10spd bike..... then who gives a rats a$$ what groupo you pick.

I envision the Campy line as a "higher end" componentry available to the open market. I also bet that many people with serious money $$ buy bikes equiped with Record......... then may simply not even ride them..... but simply "have them" to show off to there friends, etc. Thats really too bad, because a large part of the fun is Riding the stuff..... on a weekly basis .... and hey, maybe one day you'll actually "Break a Record" so to speak , and be able to hang that Super highly durable part up in your office and be able to say, "hey, I rode this part 39K miles +++, and if finally gave on me!". Now thats a story... a very long one at that.

Again, just ride... and have fun doing so. :cool:

records awesome, but i just dont like the hoods, they feel too small for my hands. i think shimano would be ideal for me if they had hidden shift cables and the capability to down shift three gears at a time like campy.

Originally posted by fushman
records awesome, but i just dont like the hoods, they feel too small for my hands.
You are a bit different then as people with big hands tend to find Campy more comfortable whereas people with smaller hands often find Shimano more comfortable. Afterall, Campy base their design on European hand size rather than Japanese hand size like Shimano.

All of the Campag that I have tried has always worked perfectly. As with anything in life it all comes down to money, Campagnolo products tend to be a bit dearer than there Shimano counterparts. However, when you are 17, have a job, then the price does not matter, you just want the best. It always feels better when your on the bike, and your legs are turning your round those luscious Campagnolo carbon cranks.

Campagnolo is awesome!!!