2004 C'dale r1000 riders

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Scott'sTrek1000, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Scott'sTrek1000

Scott'sTrek1000 New Member

I just purchased one over the weekend and it is to arrive tomorrow (friday, the 12th) and I can't wait. Those of you with this bike, what are your thoughts on it and how have you enjoyed it so far?

Tags:

2. awiner

awiner New Member

Awesome bike for the price !! The Mavic Elite wheelset is really durable and light.

The CADD 7 Frame is ultra responsive and climbs fast. Frame fit and finish are second to none.

Only thing I would recommend is changing out the Cannondale Omega brake calipers for a set of Shamino Ultegra calipers.

Did you get the Sobe Green or Black ?

3. jitteringjr

jitteringjr New Member

Wouldn't have been better to ask this before you bought the bike? Suffering from buyers remorse? Chill out, I’m sure you'll love it over the Trek 1000.

4. Scott'sTrek1000

No suffering here. If you'll read my post, I am simply looking at what others have to say. Did I put "just bought a c'dale.....having buyer's remorse..." ?? ...I didn't think so.

5. cannongirl

cannongirl New Member

Hi Scott...congratulations on your new Bike...
    I have been riding an R1000 for around a year now and adore it...good choice!

Mine is basically Silver, kysrium wheels ( can never spell that), the only "upgrade" I've had to make is a different saddle...you won't even have to do that of course...

Please tell us how you like (love) it...enjoy!!

Does this now mean we'll have to call you Scott'sCannondale1000??

6. capwater

capwater New Member

Gonna have to change your handle there Scotty......

Sure beats the Trek 1000 by a fair bit.

7. CannonChick

CannonChick New Member

I have a 2000 R1000 that I have been riding for 4 years... I LOVE it! I dont think you can beat it for the money. Enjoy!:)

8. cdaleguy

cdaleguy New Member

Ok, I'm a new guy now.

9. jitteringjr

jitteringjr New Member

Hats off to originality

10. cdaleguy

cdaleguy New Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that YOU ARE A DICK

11. boudreaux

boudreaux New Member

Potty mouth.

12. phillip-8727

phillip-8727 New Member

gidday
    i am buying a new bike and my LBS is offering me a caad7 frane, full ultergra(brakes as well), kyserium elites and mostly other components of the r1000. they are offering it for $3200 (aust retail price for the r1000 is $4000, but that is with the omega brakes and a 105bb). this is a tad bit over my price range, is worth the bit extra cash
    cause on the otherhand i can get a giant tcr1, full ultegra 10spd, upgrade to kyserium elites, and still have money left over for some new pedal and training tyres.
    since all of you are r1000 riders, i spose youll be telling me to spend the bit extra, but your thoughts are welcome ;)

13. cdaleguy

cdaleguy New Member

YOU HAD ME AT "GIDDAY"

14. awiner

awiner New Member

See if you can ride a CADD 7 bike first. While I love the CADD7 frame for its responsiveness, it does ride a bit rougher than other frames. I always tell people to ride anything before they buy just so they can see what it is like.

15. boudreaux

boudreaux New Member

You could at least try spelling Boudreaux right dickweed. Then try for a coherent thought process. A GED might be a place to start.

16. jitteringjr

jitteringjr New Member

What, truth hurts? Those are some pretty harsh words pointed at a guy that has helped you a lot on this forum Scott.

17. jitteringjr

jitteringjr New Member

Numbskull, if I am a numbskull, what does that make you Stiff? Clinically retarded?

18. cdaleguy

cdaleguy New Member

Don't hold "...i have helped you on this message board" crap over my head. If you insult me, you're gonna get it back. You think that, just because you have given me advice, now you can belittle me? WRONG! You're like the parent that puts down their child, then, when the child retaliates, you hold it over their head that you have raised them, done this and that for them. Mean is mean and I won't stand for it.

19. boudreaux

boudreaux New Member

Why don't ya just try and grow up , wipe your nose on your sleeve, and go ride your frggin bike?

20. Scott'sTrek1000

Butt out, poopy-face. Just because (in your mind) insulting is the norm, don't expect the rest of us to just sit and take it. Go get a self-help book so you can realize that it's OK to be nice. We're not here to hurt you boudreaux. Let us all help you heal your inner-child.