2004 Chorus

Qui Si Parla Ca

Guest
With all the hoopla about DA 10s..look at 2004 Chorus http://www.campyonly.com

Lots of 2003 Record filtering down(a Campagnolo 'tradition')

Rear der, carbon crank, levers-pretty sweet with a triple crank(hidden arm), hidden arm double
crank(Record aluminum crank gone in favor of carbon?), maybe a carbon triple crank to replace
Record, since that one will be Chorus...

AND cheaper than DA...pretty sweet

> With all the hoopla about DA 10s..look at 2004 Chorus http://www.campyonly.com
>
> Lots of 2003 Record filtering down(a Campagnolo 'tradition')
>
> Rear der, carbon crank, levers-pretty sweet with a triple crank(hidden
arm),
> hidden arm double crank(Record aluminum crank gone in favor of carbon?),
maybe
> a carbon triple crank to replace Record, since that one will be Chorus...
>
> AND cheaper than DA...pretty sweet

What price range do you think?

varuna-<< What price range do you think? >><BR><BR>

Thinkin' Record will be around $2000, Chorus about $1400 or so, DA between these. Centaur and
ultegra about the same at $1000...DA will be 'dealer direct' ala XTR next year so prices will be
similar MO and bike shop-

> With all the hoopla about DA 10s..look at 2004 Chorus http://www.campyonly.com

Nice though that DA actually has some innovative technology with upgraded 10sp and crank/BB
design...Campy is truly beautiful, but just seems to have added some Carbon sub-parts and
"color-coded" other parts

> Lots of 2003 Record filtering down(a Campagnolo 'tradition')
>
> Rear der, carbon crank, levers-pretty sweet with a triple crank(hidden
arm),
> hidden arm double crank(Record aluminum crank gone in favor of carbon?),
maybe
> a carbon triple crank to replace Record, since that one will be Chorus...
>
> AND cheaper than DA...pretty sweet

Should be, since DA is Shimano's thoroughbred, while Chorus is second in line for Campy...research
costs money...

basjan-<< Nice though that DA actually has some innovative technology with upgraded 10sp and
crank/BB design. >><BR><BR>

Agree about crank BB altho finding a DA BB(or XTR) is gonna be tough in the future.

But it is just 10s...levers hopefully will be more reliable but still not repairable and still has
housing 'in der breeze'...

<< Should be, since DA is Shimano's thoroughbred, while Chorus is second in line for
Campy...research costs money.. >><BR><BR>

What costs money is materials also. Not sure why DA is so much, with aluminum and plastic...or XTR
for that matter-

> basjan-<< Nice though that DA actually has some innovative technology with upgraded 10sp and
> crank/BB design. >><BR><BR>
>
> Agree about crank BB altho finding a DA BB(or XTR) is gonna be tough in
the
> future.
>
> But it is just 10s...

I think both Campy and Shimano realize that there are definite trade-offs when going to higher (>10)
speeds. Likely possible, but durability and precision shifting will be sacrificed.

>levers hopefully will be more reliable

My DA has been shifting away for years now, no glitches or problems, but I do agree, should I want
to rebuild, no way out!

>but still not repairable and still has housing 'in der breeze'...

Probably has something to do with Campy's patents...

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

> altho finding a DA BB(or XTR) is gonna be tough in the future.
Since the Ultegra BB is superior IMHO, I don't worry about this.

Maybe a good idea indeed to buy some DA 9S spares, since I have 3 DA equipped bikes. The problem is
you never know what you'll need in the future.

However, I can still buy a lot of 8S DA parts here.......

Greets, Derk

[email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Lots of 2003 Record filtering down(a Campagnolo 'tradition')

I guess Shimano doesn't have improvements of it's higher end product trickle down to other
groups, huh?

JT

> >but still not repairable and still has housing 'in der breeze'...
>
> Probably has something to do with Campy's patents...

I doubt Campag have a patent on things being repairable or cables being concealed.

ShimaNO have always claimed that the exposed cables have allowed better shifting.......perhaps with
the mechanicals they have in their STIs, yes....but not if you design something that specifically
allows concealed cables like Campag did!!

"> I think both Campy and Shimano realize that there are definite trade-offs
> when going to higher (>10) speeds. Likely possible, but durability and precision shifting will be
> sacrificed.

Actually, I found my Campy 10sp to be easier to set up and as or more precise than the 9sp on my
other bike. Durability? I'll comment in another couple years.

R / John

John-<< I guess Shimano doesn't have improvements of it's higher end product trickle down to other
groups, huh? >><BR><BR>

Often the lower end stuff is designed in 'isolation;, that is, in 2004, ultegra levers are not going
to be 2003 DA levers, etc. 2004 Chorus rear der, for instance, is going to be a 2003 Record with
'Chorus' on it.

Huh???

> John-<< I guess Shimano doesn't have improvements of it's higher end
product
> trickle down to other groups, huh? >><BR><BR>
>
> Often the lower end stuff is designed in 'isolation;, that is, in 2004,
ultegra
> levers are not going to be 2003 DA levers, etc. 2004 Chorus rear der, for instance, is going to be
> a 2003 Record with 'Chorus' on it.
>
> Huh???

That all would be great if 2004 Chorus didn't cost as much as 2003 Record.

--
Robin Hubert <[email protected]

I'm not sure I like the groupsets going up in price like that. Should we really have to pay more
than $1000 for a group with no plastic parts? Anybody wonder why bicycles are a difficult market?

-Dion

> varuna-<< What price range do you think? >><BR><BR>
>
> Thinkin' Record will be around $2000, Chorus about $1400 or so, DA between these. Centaur and
> ultegra about the same at $1000...DA will be 'dealer
direct'
> ala XTR next year so prices will be similar MO and bike shop-

"Robin Hubert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > John-<< I guess Shimano doesn't have improvements of it's higher end
> product
> > trickle down to other groups, huh? >><BR><BR>
> >
> > Often the lower end stuff is designed in 'isolation;, that is, in 2004,
> ultegra
> > levers are not going to be 2003 DA levers, etc. 2004 Chorus rear der,
for
> > instance, is going to be a 2003 Record with 'Chorus' on it.
> >
> > Huh???
>

> That all would be great if 2004 Chorus didn't cost as much as 2003 Record.
>

> --
> Robin Hubert <[email protected]>

Exaaaaaactly!!