2004 Giro d'Italia MountainTop finishes Pontremoli question

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by L1, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. L1

    L1 Guest

    hello all,

    my bf is a dying-hard biking fan. we are going to travel to italy in May, and would like to catch a
    glimpse of the race, and from looking at the map, the Pontremoli mountaintop stage is the best to
    fit our schedule(May 11th). The schedule of the tour is here:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004/giro04/

    My question is
    1) what's the easy way to get there?
    2) any club/group that organizes people to see the event?

    thank you so much, EuroStar

    Tags:

  2. On 24 Feb 2004, L1 wrote:
    > hello all, my bf is a dying-hard biking fan. we are going to travel to italy in May, and would
    > like to catch a glimpse of the race, and from looking at the map, the Pontremoli mountaintop stage
    > is the best to fit our schedule(May 11th). The schedule of the tour is here:
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004/giro04/ My question is
    > 1) what's the easy way to get there?
    > 2) any club/group that organizes people to see the event?

    Send me details of that stage and where you are going to stay. Then, I'll tell you.

    Sergio Pisa

  3. L1

    L1 Guest

    Sergio SERVADIO <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<Pine.LNX.3.96.1040[email protected]>...
    > On 24 Feb 2004, L1 wrote:
    > > hello all, my bf is a dying-hard biking fan. we are going to travel to italy in May, and would
    > > like to catch a glimpse of the race, and from looking at the map, the Pontremoli mountaintop
    > > stage is the best to fit our schedule(May 11th). The schedule of the tour is here:
    > > http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004/giro04/ My question is
    > > 1) what's the easy way to get there?
    > > 2) any club/group that organizes people to see the event?
    >
    > Send me details of that stage and where you are going to stay. Then, I'll tell you.
    >
    > Sergio Pisa

    Sergio,

    thanks for your reply. I don't know too well about the area, but from what i can gather, the info is
    as following:

    1)Mountaintop finishes Stage 3 - May 11: Pontremoli - Corno Alle Scale (12.8km, avg. 5.2%)

    I don't know where i will be staying, do you have any recommendation as where to find cheap and
    conveniently located lodging?

    I checked the mapquest and it will take about 2 hours to travel from Florence to Pontremoli, what
    are the options in terms of getting to the mountaintop from florence to Pontremoli?

  4. On 25 Feb 2004, L1 wrote:
    > thanks for your reply. I don't know too well about the area, but from what i can gather, the info
    > is as following:
    > 1)Mountaintop finishes Stage 3 - May 11: Pontremoli - Corno Alle Scale (12.8km, avg. 5.2%) I don't
    > know where i will be staying, do you have any recommendation as where to find cheap and
    > conveniently located lodging? I checked the mapquest and it will take about 2 hours to travel
    > from Florence to Pontremoli, what are the options in terms of getting to the mountaintop from
    > florence to Pontremoli?

    The estimate of a 2 hours travel from Firenze to Pontremoli is quite right, travelling by car. The
    finish line at Corno alle Scale is on the other side of the Appennines, and it takes a lot longer to
    get there.

    For any further information, please qualify yourself and write a private @-mail message.

    Sergio Pisa