2004 Konas

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Carla A-G, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    Tags:

  2. Why would anyone want 2004 of them? Isn't that about 2003 too many?

  3. Cp1

    Cp1 Guest

  4. Chris

    Chris Guest

    > JD, don't bother looking :) but if anyone else is interested, sneak preview:
    >
    > http://dropmac.web.aplus.net/news/news/view.php?id=107&a=full

    On the top photo...is that Saint stuff? It looks completely anonymous, yet burly, like Kona hadn't
    yet decided what to spec the bike with, so they threw a mock-up crankarm on there. Then again, the
    arm does cut an XTR-like profile, and the shifters/levers are obvious Shitmano.

    Anybody?

    Chris

  5. Technician

    Technician Guest

  6. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    > "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > JD, don't bother looking :) but if anyone else is interested, sneak preview:
    > >
    > > http://dropmac.web.aplus.net/news/news/view.php?id=107&a=full
    > >

    > On the top photo...is that Saint stuff? It looks completely anonymous,
    yet
    > burly, like Kona hadn't yet decided what to spec the bike with, so they threw a mock-up crankarm
    > on there. Then again, the arm does cut an
    XTR-like
    > profile, and the shifters/levers are obvious Shitmano.
    >
    > Anybody?
    >
    > Chris

    Looks like Saint with either XTR or new XT levers - probably XTR.

    Sant group: http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=934

    Jon Bond

  7. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Looks like Saint with either XTR or new XT levers - probably XTR.
    >
    > Sant group: http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=934
    >
    > Jon Bond

    Word, I figured it was Saint.

    The shifters, however, are still a mystery. They are obviously Shimano "mountain STI" crap (can you
    tell I hate them?) but are they XTR, new XT (color seems wrong, could be shadow) or are they Saint?

    There is no shifter in any Saint photo I've seen, but if they made one you know it'd be STI. So, is
    Saint a complete group minus cassette and shifters?

    Not that I care. The closest thing I come to "freeriding" is skipping the entrance fees at Avalon.
    Boy, that's sure funny. Ugh.

    Chris

  8. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest