2004 l'etape

fizzo

Nov 18, 2003
Is anyone else hoping to do 2004 and how on earth do you get the registration when all the places have gone to the organisers.

Originally posted by fizzo
Is anyone else hoping to do 2004 and how on earth do you get the registration when all the places have gone to the organisers.

"do 2004"?

I was hoping to survive the year but I get the feeling that's not what you're asking.

Originally posted by Beastt
"do 2004"?

I was hoping to survive the year but I get the feeling that's not what you're asking.

L'etape 2004 to .......do as hopefully the heading of the subject suggests.
I still want to cycle it but do not have a place yet.

The registration process comes out on 29th january. The main problem is booking accomodation at limoges. I,m in a hotel 27kms away and people keep telling me thats good. The organisers have bookesd up limoges completley. St flour was less of a problem but that is now full (although i have some extra rooms). For registration (and you will get in if you return your entry in within 3/4 days) get on www.letapedutour.com asap. Also the patron saint of british etappers is Ron Cutler (his web site tells you all you need to know (www.etape.org.uk)

Anyone with a room available for the 9/10th of july in limoges!!!! please help me! I dont want to be getting up at 4am for the start.

good luck with the training ( i,m doing 200 miles a week -long slow steady aerobic rides for dec/ jan

Originally posted by bonker
The registration process comes out on 29th january. The main problem is booking accomodation at limoges. I,m in a hotel 27kms away and people keep telling me thats good. The organisers have bookesd up limoges completley. St flour was less of a problem but that is now full (although i have some extra rooms). For registration (and you will get in if you return your entry in within 3/4 days) get on www.letapedutour.com asap. Also the patron saint of british etappers is Ron Cutler (his web site tells you all you need to know (www.etape.org.uk)

Anyone with a room available for the 9/10th of july in limoges!!!! please help me! I dont want to be getting up at 4am for the start.

good luck with the training ( i,m doing 200 miles a week -long slow steady aerobic rides for dec/ jan

How's the Etape training going ?
I'm also in for it - but it's a bugger getting out training with the weather we're having (have managed to get about 1000 miles in since February 1 but this is working off the unfitness gained
over November/December/January).

If you applied early (the official date was 29th Jan but they posted the forms on the 28th!!) you will be late in getting a number. Its a sort of first in last out. They counted the number of entries coming in and limited it that way. I expect about 8000. Indurain and Prost etc arent listed yet. I expect some ex-pro guys to have jerseys allocated beforehand.
If you see numbers over 8000 start sweating because you may not have made it. If you have everything booked, then go and try to find a cancellation with the Velo guys in Limoges. There will be plenty I'm sure and also load of bus tickets from St Flour. I have one I wont be using.
Cheers.