2004 Pan-Massachusetts Challenge - Kill Cancer!

mikem

Jul 17, 2003
Last Year was my first time riding in the PMC (in honor of my son who went through several painful surgeries and scans after being diagnosed).

Here I am pulling into Norton, MA. for lunch!

With the generous support of forum members and our hosts, I (which was in honor of my son "Titanium Sam") started with a goal of $2500 in April and quickly became $6050.00! by the time the ride was over in August!

All said and done...$16,200,000 was contributed to The Jimmy Fund from the PMC (sponsored last and this year by the Red Sox)!

Well everyone, this year I've decided to do it again with a few changes:
  • I'm riding a new route - the hardest one - Sturbridge to P-Town! That's 20% more miles this year and I am therefore raising my sponsorship goal 20% to $8000!
  • I've formed a PMC Team called "LEGS" (Legs Eliminating Great Suffering) and we will have a Pedal Partner (will be assigned in April). This year my ride is a tribute to my son for his courage and perserverance, enduring many trips to Children's Hospital. It will also be in honor of a child at Childrens who I have not met yet - who I will be honored to ride for - who this ride IS for!
  • New Bike made by Seven Cycles in Watertown, MA. It's made of Titanium but it's still not tougher than Sam!

...and finally, but most importantly, it is with indescribable joy and pride that I announce...
  • "Titanium Sam" and his sister will be riding in the "kids PMC" - The Wildwood Challenge. I know many adults that can't ride 14 miles. The fact that 6-year old Sam is attempting to do this 14 mile ride is a testament to the work that is done at Dana Farber and Childrens with the financial support of charity events like these and people LIKE YOU!

Here is my story on the PMC website. Please support my ride -- it's a Moral Imperative!

The easiest way to donate is via Credit Card using the following SECURE link:

YES! I want to KILL CANCER!

If you prefer, you can send a check , just contact me for mailing info!

Some threads from last year:

Sixteen Million Two Hundred Thousand
Hell's Angels
Home Water's