2004 - Ullrich to win Giro, TdF and Olympics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Keith

...according to Rudy "the mole" Pevenage...

Robert, in case you missed it:

Jan Ullrich devrait prolonger avec Bianchi la semaine prochaine

BERLIN (AP) - Jan Ullrich, deuxième du Tour de France en juillet, devrait signer un nouveau contrat
de trois ans avec la formation Bianchi la semaine prochaine, a annoncé dimanche Rudi Pevenage le
"patron" de la formation italienne.

L'Allemand, convoité par quatre formations cyclistes, a demandé à la Bianchi de se renforcer,
pour lui permettre en 2004 de remporter une deuxième fois la Grande Boucle, après son premier
succès obtenu en 1997.

"Nous avons posé une limite à la Bianchi, et j'espère qu'elle en tiendra compte", a déclaré
Wolfgang Strohband, le manager d'Ullrich.

Selon le manager, Ullrich entend aussi remporter le Tour d'Italie l'an prochain et conserver son
titre olympique sur route lors des JO d'Athènes.

Bianchi espère obtenir l'aide d'un important parraineur à la fin du mois, qui lui permettrait de
satisfaire Ullrich en renforçant l'équipe.

Pevenage a démenti les rumeurs en provenance d'Allemagne annonçant que la Team Telekom
souhaiterait enrôler à nouveau Ullrich.

Ullrich avait remporté le Tour de France en 1997 avec Telekom. Il avait quitté l'équipe allemande
l'an dernier après avoir été suspendu pour dopage. AP

"Keith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> ...according to Rudy "the mole" Pevenage...
>
> Robert, in case you missed it:
>
> Jan Ullrich devrait prolonger avec Bianchi la semaine prochaine
>
> BERLIN (AP) - Jan Ullrich, deuxième du Tour de France en juillet, devrait signer un nouveau
> contrat de trois ans avec la formation Bianchi la semaine prochaine, a annoncé dimanche Rudi
> Pevenage le "patron" de la formation italienne.
>
> L'Allemand, convoité par quatre formations cyclistes, a demandé à la Bianchi de se renforcer, pour
> lui permettre en 2004 de remporter une deuxième fois la Grande Boucle, après son premier succès
> obtenu en 1997.
>
> "Nous avons posé une limite à la Bianchi, et j'espère qu'elle en tiendra compte", a déclaré
> Wolfgang Strohband, le manager d'Ullrich.
>
> Selon le manager, Ullrich entend aussi remporter le Tour d'Italie l'an prochain et conserver son
> titre olympique sur route lors des JO d'Athènes.
>
> Bianchi espère obtenir l'aide d'un important parraineur à la fin du mois, qui lui permettrait de
> satisfaire Ullrich en renforçant l'équipe.
>
> Pevenage a démenti les rumeurs en provenance d'Allemagne annonçant que la Team Telekom
> souhaiterait enrôler à nouveau Ullrich.
>
> Ullrich avait remporté le Tour de France en 1997 avec Telekom. Il avait quitté l'équipe allemande
> l'an dernier après avoir été suspendu pour dopage. AP

Why post this in French when Cyclingnews has most of the story in English, anyway? To sum, Pevenage
announced Ullrich will sign a 3-year contract with Bianchi next week. Germany has demanded (the
entire country?) that Bianchi support Ullrich to the utmost so he can repeat his 1997 victory. As
the subject line says, he will visit the Giro, the Tour and the Olympics. They hope to secure an
important rider at the end of the month in order to help him carry out his goals. Pevenage denied
that Telekom made a bid to reclaim Ullrich. (They must be content with Vinokourov, and
understandably so.)

-Sonarrat.

Keith wrote:
> ...according to Rudy "the mole" Pevenage...
>
> Robert, in case you missed it:

Thanks; yeah, I had missed it. Here's a very French sentence I liked:

> Ullrich avait remporté le Tour de France en 1997 avec Telekom. Il avait quitté l'équipe allemande
> l'an dernier après avoir été suspendu pour dopage.

Sonarrat wrote:
>
> Why post this in French when Cyclingnews has most of the story in English, anyway? To sum,
> Pevenage announced Ullrich will sign a 3-year contract with Bianchi next week. Germany has
> demanded (the entire country?) that Bianchi support Ullrich to the utmost so he can repeat his
> 1997 victory. As the subject line says, he will visit the Giro, the Tour and the Olympics. They
> hope to secure an important rider at the end of the month in order to help him carry out his
> goals. Pevenage denied that Telekom made a bid to reclaim Ullrich. (They must be content with
> Vinokourov, and understandably so.)

Close. Only two mistakes.

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 20:11:02 -0700, Sonarrat wrote:
> "Keith" <[email protected]> quoted AP:
> > Selon le manager, Ullrich entend aussi remporter le Tour d'Italie l'an prochain et conserver son
> > titre olympique sur route lors des JO d'Athènes.
>
> Why post this in French when Cyclingnews has most of the story in English, anyway? [...] As the
> subject line says, he will visit the Giro, the Tour and the Olympics.

No way, he intends to WIN all three is what his manager said (who is not Pevenage btw).

>> > Selon le manager, Ullrich entend aussi remporter le Tour d'Italie l'an prochain et conserver
>> > son titre olympique sur route lors des JO d'Athènes.
>>
>> Why post this in French when Cyclingnews has most of the story in English, anyway? [...] As the
>> subject line says, he will visit the Giro, the Tour and the Olympics.
>
>No way, he intends to WIN all three is what his manager said (who is not Pevenage btw).

That's also the way I understand it, I guess sometihng got lost in the translation. The French
version makes more sense. Why would Pevenage make it a point to announce that Ullrich will
participate in the TdF?

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Sonarrat wrote:
> >
> > Why post this in French when Cyclingnews has most of the story in English, anyway? To sum,
> > Pevenage announced Ullrich will sign a 3-year contract with Bianchi next week. Germany has
> > demanded (the entire country?) that Bianchi support Ullrich to the utmost so he can repeat his
> > 1997 victory. As the subject line says, he will visit the Giro, the Tour and the Olympics. They
> > hope to secure an important rider at the end of the month in order to help him carry out his
> > goals. Pevenage denied that Telekom made a bid to reclaim Ullrich. (They must be content with
> > Vinokourov, and understandably so.)
>
> Close. Only two mistakes.

It has been a while since I last attempted to speak French. I can't seem to get anything right, can
I? I promise I'll collect my marbles one of these days...

-Sonarrat.

Sonarrat wrote:
> "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote
>>
>> Close. Only two mistakes.
>
> It has been a while since I last attempted to speak French. I can't seem to get anything right,
> can I? I promise I'll collect my marbles one of these days...

Oh, I don't know. A couple of mistakes per posting is about par for rbr, so it seems you fit
right in. I think I average slightly higher than that, but I've developed a thickish skin.
Besides, I believe the President has declared a new standard: you can take a mulligan on up to 16
words per speech.

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Sonarrat wrote:
> > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote
> >>
> >> Close. Only two mistakes.
> >
> > It has been a while since I last attempted to speak French. I can't seem to get anything right,
> > can I? I promise I'll collect my marbles one of these days...
>
> Oh, I don't know. A couple of mistakes per posting is about par for rbr, so it seems you fit
> right in.

I do have the decency to spell everything correctly, at least in English. That must count for
something.

> I think I average slightly higher than that, but I've developed a thickish skin. Besides, I
> believe the President has declared a new standard: you can take a mulligan on up to 16 words
> per speech.

The President has declared a bunch of new standards, but that's neither here nor there.

-Sonarrat.

Status
Not open for further replies.