2004 ultegra 9 or Campy record 9

For the price of 2004 Ultegra, you can probably get a Campy Chorus 10 group brand new. Chorus is pretty much Record with a few extra ounces - steel instead of titanium on some of the parts.

I've been riding a Chorus 10 group for over two years - no problems at all.

I have not personally verified this, but... I have been told that Shimano 10 cassettes will work with Campy 10 shifters. Shimano 10 cassettes fit Shimano 8-9 freehubs.

What I have been using is a Shimano 9 cassette that has been converted to Campy 10. Spacing reduced, and an extra gear added. This was put out before Shimano 10 existed.

IEatRice4Dinner said:
i would have to use a shimano 10speed cassette, how will this work on a 9 speed hub?
why don't you try asking a carefully worded question with all the details. :rolleyes:

ok im gettin rid of the shimano shifters... now i got a few questions.

im goin to get one of thoes adapters for the rear deur so i can still use the shimano deur.

i believe a 10 speed cassette will work on my 2004 mavic ksyrium elites (originally 9 speed)

but i also have a 2004 FSA pro team crankset, will these chainrings work with the shimano 10 speed chain? i know for a fact they will work with a campy 10 speed chain.

IEatRice4Dinner said:
ok im gettin rid of the shimano shifters... now i got a few questions.

im goin to get one of thoes adapters for the rear deur so i can still use the shimano deur.

i believe a 10 speed cassette will work on my 2004 mavic ksyrium elites (originally 9 speed)

but i also have a 2004 FSA pro team crankset, will these chainrings work with the shimano 10 speed chain? i know for a fact they will work with a campy 10 speed chain.
Yes, it will work.