2004 Ultimax RSX - The _best_ shoes for me?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Synpax, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Synpax

Synpax New Member

Hi,

This is my first post here and I am new to cycling (though not new to running/lifting/sports.) I have decided to do triathlons.

I currently have a bike I am training on and I also spin 3 times a week at my gym. Something I need right now are good (clip) shoes. I would like a pair of shoes that I can use for both.

I went into a local shop and told them that my feet were a little wider in the front than most and that I wanted to try the best shoe they had. They let me try on a pair of 2004 Ultrimax RSX (pearl). They felt great.

However, I know I should not blow that amount of cash without doing my homework. I have done some research and have found shoes that do _cost more_ but that doesn't mean they are necessarily better.

Also, there are some special RSX's out there with the PEtacchi name on them. They cost more but I wondering if there is anymore to them other than his signature all over it that make it a better shoe.

I would appreciate any guidance you have in this area. Thanks and I'm glad I found these forums.

Tags:

2. Synpax

Synpax New Member

Quick addition:

I sweat a lot. I don't just mean a lot, but way more than anyone I bike or run with. Typically before a 45 minute spin session I drink a quart of Ultima. Then, during the session, I drink a half gallon of ultima - one quart bottle in the holder, one on the floor to switch out.

When I am finished, my bike is soaking wet, you can wring more than the other people in the glass drank out of my shirt, my socks are drenched, and so are my *shoes.* It's like I just climbed out of a swimming pool fully clothed.

So I also want to know if this is going to be a problem with the shoes - the fact that they will regularly be soaked in sweat.