2005 end of year statistics

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides' started by Ron Wallenfang, Jan 2, 2006.

  1. "what does THIS button do?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Cyclecommute: 3434 mi / 202 days
    > 3720 total bike miles.
    > 205 car-free days
    > 145 unicycle miles. 0 unicyclecommuting miles.
    >
    > .max

    My 2005 total was 16,724, which is the least I've had in a year since 1995,
    mainly becasue I lost 26 days in July and August, due to surgery. Other
    than that, I got in at least some riding every day. My best 24 hour total
    was 301, at the National 24 Hour Challenge on June 18-19 in Michigan. My
    total since I started keeping daily records on March 1, 1993 is 230,349
    miles.

    Most of my miles were of course at home in WI, but in large part from my
    April/May trip, I had some mileage in 14 other states and DC as follows:

    GA 585
    SC 584
    MI 525
    VA 314
    IN 287
    NC 256
    AL 148
    TN 136
    MD 103
    KY 100
    IL 68
    MN 56
    DE 23
    PA 22
    DC 10

    I had 11 flat tires, and got wet on 11 days (about half of normal). Four
    days had winds in excess of 30 mph, with peak gusts up to 60 on Nov 13,
    which is the windiest day I've ever encountered on a bike. Six days had
    below 0F temperatures, with a low of -4 on Dec. 7 and Dec. 19. My hottest
    riding days were 94 on Aug 10 and 93 on July 10