2005 Manitou Axel forks...

aTmSpectre

Jul 21, 2004
The bike I recenltly bought came equiped with a 2005 Manitou Axel Comp. I had heard bad things about the Elite that was on last years model, but I must say that the Comp on this years model is AMAZING. It's huge, stiff, smooth, and looks good too boot. I havent' noticed any flexing or anything. Only thing I wish it had was a lock out, but so far I've seen absolutly no reason why I would need anything different. Does anybody else have any input?

aTmSpectre said:
The bike I recenltly bought came equiped with a 2005 Manitou Axel Comp. I had heard bad things about the Elite that was on last years model, but I must say that the Comp on this years model is AMAZING. It's huge, stiff, smooth, and looks good too boot. I havent' noticed any flexing or anything. Only thing I wish it had was a lock out, but so far I've seen absolutly no reason why I would need anything different. Does anybody else have any input?
I bought a bike with the same and have blew out a seal on my third ride. I don't ride extremely hard either. The worst part is the dealer I bought the bike from went out of business, and no one else in town sells that brand...so now I'm trying to get Bike Source to help me out by dealing directly with Answer...hope it works, because I could barely afford the bike, let alone having to repair it.