2005 Tour De Poway... Anyone ??

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by [email protected], Sep 17, 2005.

  1. Hello all,

    I'm planning on doing the Tour de Poway this year. I just drove the
    course and of particular concern is the Highland Valley Road and Bandy
    Canyon Road. I used to drive Highland Vly alot on my souped up Miata
    and it was a lot of fun but it is a single lane road with no shoulder
    and contains a lot of blind turns for about 5 miles. I was wondering if
    anyone has done this century before and what was that portion of the
    ride like with all of the participants there ? Will this portion of the
    road be closed too like the Poway grade ? Also, I was wondering if
    anyone knows about an 8% grade along the coast in San Diego ? I kinda
    wanna duplicate the poway grade. Also, if anyone has entered and is
    looking for a partner, I'm decent on the flats and slight uphills, slow
    uphill and medium on decents - just do not like going downhill very
    fast on roads I do not know very well, unless it's a car.

    Thanks,

    Ian in SD

    Tags:

  2. Did it last year and will be doing it again this year. Fun ride. Long ride.
    Haven't done the century ride. Probably will stick with the 62-mile route
    again. Maybe I'll see ya along the way.

    Cheers,
    Chris

    news:[email protected]