2005 trek series, when?

remicman said:
I don't imagine you have ridden it much but how do you like it? I am debating between the 1500 and 2100. I am just starting to ride so not sure I need the 2100. Didn't realize the 2005 had the carbon seapost. Does yours still come with the front tiagra? I too, like the 2004 color scheme better. I believe the 2005 is mostly white with some red and blue towards the front?

I just ordered it today, it comes to me this weekend (I hope). I actually caught hardcore upgrade fever and replaced my 2004 Trek 1200 after only having it for about a month (I sold it on ebay and broke even). ANyway, I don't see much of a significant difference between the 1500 and 2100 as far as compnents go. The 2005 Trek 1500 no longer has the Tiagra front derailleur, they replaced it with a 105T, also the 2005 has an SRAM crank while the 2004 had a Bontrager (I personally like Bontrager better). I really wanted the 2004 1500 b/c of the superior colors and decals but instead function overcame appearance and I took the 2005.

I don't know the weight difference btwn. the 1500 and 2100, I guess that woulid be the only real difference since most of the components are pretty much the same. The 2100 comes with pedals tho! Haha.

Cycle Craft in Parsippany, NJ had both the Nude Carbon and USPS colored Madone 5.2's in stock on Tuesday 3 August in the 56 cm size. I bought the nude carbon so the USPS was still in stock. Seems the USPS colored one is retailing at $ 2699 and the nude carbon one at $ 2599. I'm picking mine up on Friday the 6th. Can't wait!!! My first bike in 33 years. See you on the road soon. David

djbulkowski said:
Cycle Craft in Parsippany, NY had both the Nude Carbon and USPS colored Madone 5.2's in stock on Tuesday 3 August in the 56 cm size. I bought the nude carbon so the USPS was still in stock. Seems the USPS colored one is retailing at $ 2699 and the nude carbon one at $ 2599. I'm picking mine up on Friday the 6th. Can't wait!!! My first bike in 33 years. See you on the road soon. David

2599? On the Trek webpage it says it will be 2979!!

Can anyone confirm these numbers?

ItalianStallion said:
2599? On the Trek webpage it says it will be 2979!!

Can anyone confirm these numbers?

Sorry for the confusion, my first post, a little nervous. You're right on the list price. Trek has them at $ 2979 I believe. My LBS has a selling price of $ 2699 on the USPS colored Madone 5.2 and $ 2599 for the nude carbon. David

do any of you know where i can get the trek stickers for the head tube? you know what i'm talkin about right? its like the sticker on the head tube that has two "TREK" logos going back to back.. they usually have them on the higher end Treks and they had it on the 2004 1500, but they don't on the 2005, which i have. i really want those stickers! help! :confused:

just something i thought was funny.. i ordered my 2005 1500 yesterday, and the LBS told me that i wouldn't be getting it until monday, bc Trek sent the bike via UPS and they don't deliver on saturdays. isn't it funny how Trek doesn't use the US Postal Service?

djbulkowski said:
Sorry for the confusion, my first post, a little nervous. You're right on the list price. Trek has them at $ 2979 I believe. My LBS has a selling price of $ 2699 on the USPS colored Madone 5.2 and $ 2599 for the nude carbon. David
Allright then.

I'm off to buy one!!

I was thinking about it when I thought it was $2979, but it was a little overbudget. Now at $2599, I'm buying one!!

nonewdirections said:
http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2005/road/1200.jsp
http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2005/road/1500.jsp
http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2005/road/2100.jsp

pretty good looking, i'd say

looks like they did some minor speccing up of the 1200 and 1500 and some bigger changes for the 2100. the color schemes are even better than 2004
how did you get to that link? I couldn't find it from the site.

And yes it is pretty good looking. When did they upgrade the front Derrailluer to 105? The 2004 shows a tiagra.

kenright said:
MSRP price is ~$2900 for a 5.2 Madone. And it is a OCLV 120 version w/ a fork found on last year's 5500 and 5900.
Are you sure? I thought it was OCLV 110.

Anybody have any information of the 2005 1800c? I'm a newbe with a 20 year old Univega that I'm looking to upgrade with the Trek. My lbs has been looking for a 2004 the better part of this week with no success. I'm thinking I should wait for the 2005 model.

Thanks

mdbrown said:
i'm planning on buying a trek 1000 as i'm just starting out, but i'm thinking about waiting until the 2005 series comes out. does anyone have an idea about when the new series of trek bikes will be out?
Same boat here but this is what I have found out so far. My LBS has no 04 1000 in my size and no 05's at all yet. I found a shop a couple of hours away with a 04 for $519, reguarly $569. Also found a shop with 05's, not my size of course, and they are selling for $599. So I have the same things to decide on myself. Good luck!

af2nr said:
Same boat here but this is what I have found out so far. My LBS has no 04 1000 in my size and no 05's at all yet. I found a shop a couple of hours away with a 04 for $519, reguarly $569. Also found a shop with 05's, not my size of course, and they are selling for $599. So I have the same things to decide on myself. Good luck!

if u guys are just getting into cycling.. i say what somebody else said earlier.. i think u should splurge and get like the 1200 or 1500 so u guys dont get 'upgrade fever' later on.. liek what hppened to me!

remicman said:
how did you get to that link? I couldn't find it from the site.

And yes it is pretty good looking. When did they upgrade the front Derrailluer to 105? The 2004 shows a tiagra.
they upgraded it when it became a 2005 i would think.

i got the link by editing the provisional 2005 Trek Madone link that someone had posted earlier in the thread and inserted "1200.jsp" (for example) in place of "madone52.jsp" -- it worked and apparently trek has a few of these provisional spec pages up. possibly for dealers? either way, they look pretty accurate and quite helpful to someone who wants information before trek gets around to upgrading their site (which they should have already done by now in my opinion).

nonewdirections said:
http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2005/road/1200.jsp
http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2005/road/1500.jsp
http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2005/road/2100.jsp

pretty good looking, i'd say

looks like they did some minor speccing up of the 1200 and 1500 and some bigger changes for the 2100. the color schemes are even better than 2004

The 1500 is sold with different specs outside US. I recently bought the 2004 1500 model and it was full Ultegra. My opinion is that the 2005 1500 version will also have full Ultegra but with better frame (Alpha SLR) and better Bontrager components (I tried to change the wheelset, but I was convinced that the Select was fine).

I am also in favour of the 2004 color schemes, they were more discrete (I didn´t like those red details)

On the other hand, my bike just got outdated. Anyway it would be some day... :eek: But I still like my new acquisition, it is my first bike (that I bought). And the Ultegra STI shifts really, really nice...

Rominger said:
The 1500 is sold with different specs outside US. I recently bought the 2004 1500 model and it was full Ultegra. My opinion is that the 2005 1500 version will also have full Ultegra but with better frame (Alpha SLR) and better Bontrager components (I tried to change the wheelset, but I was convinced that the Select was fine).

I am also in favour of the 2004 color schemes, they were more discrete (I didn´t like those red details)

On the other hand, my bike just got outdated. Anyway it would be some day... :eek: But I still like my new acquisition, it is my first bike (that I bought). And the Ultegra STI shifts really, really nice...
I just talked with my LBO and they are going to order me the 1500. (they were out of 58's). The 2005 does come as stated in that new link with 105 FD (instead of tiagra), SLR frame and Carbon seat post. They are offering it at the same price of $999 (MSPR is $1,099 I believe). The 2100 however has been bumped up $200. Not sure what upgrades it has.

Given the upgrades in the 1500 and the new disparity in pricing between the 1500 and 2100 he says he will probably have a harder time this year selling the 2100. most will go for the 1500 (like me!)

mksalazar said:
if u guys are just getting into cycling.. i say what somebody else said earlier.. i think u should splurge and get like the 1200 or 1500 so u guys dont get 'upgrade fever' later on.. liek what hppened to me!
I have thought about this too but at this time it kind of comes down to money, specifically how much I can save on a 04, versus 05. I have rode my whole life but this will be my first road bike so I don't want to go overboard, per se...