2005 trek series, when?

just an update on my current situation. my LBS got their shipment of over 300 bikes in yesterday, so i'm going to pick my new 2005 1000 up tomorrow. the new black paint scheme on the 1000's looks so good. i'm not a big fan of the orange and white scheme though. i'm kind of bummed that they put a lesser quality front derailer on the new bikes but that's a cheap and easy replacement. i'm really glad the 1000 now has a carbon fork. oh and my LBS is selling the 1000 for $549 instead of the MSRP of $599 so i'm very happy about that.

The trek website was updated to include partial information about the 2005 models.

Rominger said:
The 1500 is sold with different specs outside US. I recently bought the 2004 1500 model and it was full Ultegra. My opinion is that the 2005 1500 version will also have full Ultegra but with better frame (Alpha SLR) and better Bontrager components (I tried to change the wheelset, but I was convinced that the Select was fine).

I am also in favour of the 2004 color schemes, they were more discrete (I didn´t like those red details)

On the other hand, my bike just got outdated. Anyway it would be some day... :eek: But I still like my new acquisition, it is my first bike (that I bought). And the Ultegra STI shifts really, really nice...

I think I am gonna go get the Trek 1400e 2004 model, before they dissapear.
Coz I don't really like the colour schemes for the 2005 models :D

Do you know anything about theTrek 7100

kenright said:
It is not on their website yet. I also found it, through an eBay member selling a Madone 5.2. Trek has replied to me that the specs will "officially" be released at the end of August.

DEAFCON: When did your LBS say that you would get your Nude 5.2?? I originally wanted nude, but the wait would have been too long. I was told (as was my LBS by Trek) that the white/blue would be released first. Did you hear the same??

What do you think about the 7100

mdbrown said:
just an update on my current situation. my LBS got their shipment of over 300 bikes in yesterday, so i'm going to pick my new 2005 1000 up tomorrow. the new black paint scheme on the 1000's looks so good. i'm not a big fan of the orange and white scheme though. i'm kind of bummed that they put a lesser quality front derailer on the new bikes but that's a cheap and easy replacement. i'm really glad the 1000 now has a carbon fork. oh and my LBS is selling the 1000 for $549 instead of the MSRP of $599 so i'm very happy about that.

SunBurnt said:
I think I am gonna go get the Trek 1400e 2004 model, before they dissapear.
Coz I don't really like the colour schemes for the 2005 models :D

Looking at the pictures, I think they downgraded the wheelset, or at least they changed it (for better or for worse?). Is there any place where the specs of the 2005 1400e model are described?

The price of the new madone 5.2 just went up, now the msrp is 3k us. Pretty steep.

Rominger said:
Looking at the pictures, I think they downgraded the wheelset, or at least they changed it (for better or for worse?). Is there any place where the specs of the 2005 1400e model are described?

Yep! Looks like so... but I don't have the specs for 1400 model 05 (cant find it, only have the 1200 and 1500 model in Trek web site), juz the picture

But don't wheelsets with less spokes always so much look cooler? :cool:

i ended up buying the 2005 1000. it rides well and for the price ($549) i couldn't beat it. my only complaint is the sora shifters, but to remedy that i'd have to spend more than i'm willing on a bike so all is well.

I just stopped by my LBS, and asked about the Madone 5.2 they ordered for me. They called Trek, and they said another one to two weeks.....the wait continues.... :rolleyes:

Deafcon said:
I just stopped by my LBS, and asked about the Madone 5.2 they ordered for me. They called Trek, and they said another one to two weeks.....the wait continues.... :rolleyes:
You and me both buddy !!!

dang. i got the 5200 this spring and now that line is obsolete. any reason why? i couldn't find a thread here to answer why they dropped the 59, 55, and 52 series and made them madones.

good, bad, indifferent?

Trek's website just got updated to include what looks like the entire lineup. I'm really disappointed that the madone 5.2 does not seem to be offered as a frameset. It's the only bike with that frame, unlike the 5200/5500 so I guess the only way to get the frame is if you want the whole bit.

mdbrown said:
i'm planning on buying a trek 1000 as i'm just starting out, but i'm thinking about waiting until the 2005 series comes out. does anyone have an idea about when the new series of trek bikes will be out?
I'm a newbie myself, and I just bought a 2004 Trek 1000. I asked the same question about the newer model at the bike shop, and I was told that there is no advantage on waiting because a lot of manufactures will put cheaper components on newer models if they can save money. That's what I was told by the bike salesman. Hell, he probably did not want to wait until 2005 to take my money. Anyway, I bought the 2004 Trek 100 6 weeks ago, and have been putting about 50 miles/week on it, and really enjoy the bike. I think for what you pay ($540.00+tax), it's a good starter road bike.

Deafcon said:

Well, my Madone 5.2 came in. I pick it up tomorrow. They also have a 56 cm nude carbon double chain ring Madone 5.2 if someone is looking for one.