2006 Bianchi Veloce

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by abbo7, Apr 8, 2006.

1. abbo7

abbo7 New Member

I am looking into buying a Veloce soon; I have swayed between this and the Eros for some time. I want a steel bike and the Veloce seems to be a light steel bike for the money with nice features. What are your guys thoughts on the Veloce? Thanks, Adam.

Tags:

2. strummer_fan

strummer_fan New Member

The Eros and the Veloce are the same frameset built up with different components.

see this comment from bianchiusa.com:

"The Eros has the same great Reynolds frame as the Veloce, Vigorelli and Imola, but with the more affordable 27-speed Campagnolo Mirage groupset."

I ride the Eros, and really like it.

It's definitely worth the money. I just did 100k on it today and think you'd have a hard time finding a better steel bike for the money.

good luck!

3. abbo7

abbo7 New Member

What will be the main difference in the 20 spd and 27 spd between the Veloce and Eros, respectively? I know that for 2006 the Veloce has a campagnolo compact crank with matching front and rear derailers and vento wheels (lighter by 230 grams), however, I am not really sure what these upgrades will offer over the Eros??? Thanks for the help thus far, Adam.

4. strummer_fan

strummer_fan New Member

The Eros uses the cheaper Campagnolo Mirage groupset to make up its main component group. So, with the Eros, you get a 3 x 9 drivetrain (3 sprockets up front, and nine cogs in the back). With the Veloce, you get the next level up of Campagnolo group-set, the Veloce (hence the name of the bike), which gives you 2 sprockets up front and 10 gears in the back.)

You can look at http://www.campagnolo.com to compare the Veloce and Mirage groupsets.

The frame is identical, the components are what is different.