Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

2006 Campagnolo Record Cranks

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 3 posts · 545 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
14 March 2008
Last activity
14 March 2008
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
545
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Would anyone know if a 2006 Campagnolo Record Crank would fit in a 9-
    speed Shimano Ultegra Drivetrain???

    I dont use STIs but use bar end shifters for my tri bike...

  2. Quoted message said:

    Would anyone know if a 2006 Campagnolo Record Crank would fit in a 9-
    speed Shimano Ultegra Drivetrain???

    I dont use STIs but use bar end shifters for my tri bike...

    Yes it will work fine. A crank is a crank for the most part. About
    any brand or model will fit on about any bike. I use an early 2000s
    or late 1990s Race Face Turbine LP triple crankset as a double in my
    10 speed Campagnolo bike. I've seen people use the newer one piece
    Dura Ace crankset in a Campagnolo 10 speed setup. I see lots and lots
    of those Taiwanese FSA cranksets on a vast array of bicycles. 2006
    Campagnolo is 10 speed. Ultegra has been 9 or 10 speed for a long
    time. 9 and 10 speed stuff work just fine together. If you were to
    mix and match cranks from say the 5 speed era with a 10 speed chain,
    you may have problems of the chain dropping between the rings. Other
    than the extremes, no problems.

  3. Quoted message said:

    Would anyone know if a 2006 Campagnolo Record Crank would fit in a 9-
    speed Shimano Ultegra Drivetrain???

    I dont use STIs but use bar end shifters for my tri bike...


    Yes, with appropriate spindle of course

    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.