2006 Cervelo Soloist carbon review

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by deckard, Apr 9, 2006.

1. deckard

deckard New Member

Here is my take on this bike. Finally went on a nice 36 miler with this bike out towards Bodega Bay from Petaluma. The bike is a 54, I'm 5'10" 154lbs. The bike is fast and very nimble. It climbs great, definitely better than my 05 Giant TCR2. I never became uncomfortable on it and it felt good going over rough parts of the road, which are plenty on Sonoma County country roads. Tomorrow I will try out the Tri seat/position with bars. Is it worth the $4600.00+, depending on what you upgrade. Yes, if you ride a lot and plan on keeping it for awhile. In 21 years I have only had 4 bikes, this being my fourth, so I thought I deserved to splurge a little finally.:D

Tags:

2. Gabrenya

Gabrenya New Member

Congrats on your new bike! Which wheels did you pick up with it?

Greg

3. deckard

deckard New Member

I picked up the Mavic Ksyrium SLs and changed the stem out to a FSA OS115. No additional charge on the upgraded stem which was nice.

Ray

4. dm69

dm69 New Member

picture me up!

5. deckard

deckard New Member

Here you go.

6. JTE83

JTE83 Member

How much does your bike weigh as pictured?

I wish I had a CF Soloist too but I've already got 5 road bikes, 2 mtn bikes, and 6 bmx bikes!

7. joule

joule New Member

Been oggling over this bike the past year. Currently ride a 2004 Trek 5500 and been racing again past 2 years. I really can not justify it, but I guess I my age (49) and my long term interest in cycling (I ride 150 - 250 miles / week), there just comes a time where you want to fill that desire. Purchase will depend in upcoming year end bonus and I could see selling the Trek to offset the cost of the Cervelo Soloist. Other main reason is the Trek is a bit large for me (54 cm, I'm 5' 7"). I don't expect I'll be racing more than a few more years, but I do see myself riding "A" rides as long as I can.

8. jcjordan

jcjordan New Member

One of the guys in the club has the 2005 Alu version and it is an absolute rocket. nice and stiff and very responsive. the only down side is the FSA cranks, they just feel a bit soft compared to the ultegras that I ride now.

9. azdroptop

azdroptop New Member

That thing is sweet bro! Congrats x 1,000,000. I just finished the build on my Soloist Team! Quality stuff....