2006 KH Frame

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:46:07 -0600, john_childs wrote:

>But a few Pro frames made with sexy welds and other sexy options might
>be something to consider sometime in the future.

And this coming from the man who owns a(n older) KH Pro frame and
doesn't consider it worth the money in today's world? :confused:

forrestunifreak wrote:
> Watch out, I expect that to end up in a signature somewere.....

Well, the TIG welds on 'Ventana' (http://www.ventanausa.com/) frames
are known as 'Electric Sex' (http://www.ventanausa.com/bm0995.html).
Sometimes frames can get a little bit kinky.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

trials_uni wrote:

> > HK... blah blah blah

> ??? i assume you mean KH right?

no. he means this:
12257

(of course i'm kidding...)

|Filename: H&K-MP5.jpg |

abbabibble

Cheers, Matt.
'NEW, \"Ninjas. Unicycles. Yeah.\" Shirts are out! BUY NOW AT
ZAZZLE.com!' (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
*"Water. Duck's back. Yeah."* -- GILD
Habbywall, that-a-way -------------->':cool:'
(http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com) Kristine is that-a-way, too.
----------->X
*"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks."* lildude2 *PANIC
BUTTON-->':eek: ' (http://www.geocities.com/abbabibble/mrtsb.html)*
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

i like the new frame. looks strong.

abbabibble wrote:
> no. he means this:
>

> (of course i'm kidding...)

and i thought he meant 24" hari kari

|Filename: harikari.jpg |

boo radley

"no really, are you sure you love me more than your unicycle?" -my gf
boo radley's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10484

sometimes people scare me more than i scare me.

--

Klaas Bil wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:46:07 -0600, john_childs wrote:
>
> >But a few Pro frames made with sexy welds and other sexy options

> might
> >be something to consider sometime in the future.

> And this coming from the man who owns a(n older) KH Pro frame and
> doesn't consider it worth the money in today's world? :confused:

Being worth the money is relative. For the younger folks asking why
the KH Pro was so expensive you just have to say the extra cost
wouldn't be worth it for them. The people who have the means and know
the difference would be more likely to understand.

I also bought my KH Pro back when the only quality choices for frames
were the Hunter and the KH. Everything good was expensive back then.
Now that there are more quality choices for 1/3 the cost it is harder
to justify the extra cost for what is now the KH Pro frame. Back then
it was very easy to justify the cost and I don't consider it a waste at
all (it has been very very good to me and I got in several good years
of riding in before things got cheaper and better).

There is a small market for boutique frames built with extra love and
style and electric sex welds even though they would cost more. Scott
Wallis and Dave Stockton need some special frames for some of the
special unicycles that they make.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

wen i first looked at the new 06 frame, i thought eeerrggghhh that looks
almost tacky, because of the welding, and the gussets, they first
looked very home-brand, looking....

but i just had another look at it, and thought to myself, it really
does look alot more Beastier and stronger, looks like it could
withstand a smack with a mellet!!

but yeah, it does look good, but it is one of those designs, that are
either really liked, or really disliked..

--
trials2k

One Wheel, One Foot, Why Not !!??;) **
trials2k's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11354

john_childs wrote:
> I wasn't knocking quality when I said the welds are a bit ugly. Quality
> for aluminum frames made in Taiwan can be very high as long as you have
> found an experienced shop to do the manufacturing. Taiwan is now
> making most of the aluminum bike frames that are in bike shops,
> including many expensive and well regarded bike frames. Quality from
> Taiwan is now no longer an issue for bike frames. Even if the welds
> are a bit ugly they are still going to be strong. It's not anything
> that affects the strength or function of the frame.
>
> But a few Pro frames made with sexy welds and other sexy options might
> be something to consider sometime in the future.

I agree with the sexy welding

--
Probailer2

Originally Posted by john_childs
Mmmmm... Sexy welds.
Probailer2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11034

vivalargo wrote:
> FYI, after busting my Wilder frame, I put my Large Marge/Profile
> wheelset on a KH '06 frame and it works perfectly.
>
> JL

Do you have HS-33's on it, Or does it need the Scott Wallis adaptor to
fit with the LM rim?

--
KcTheAcy

¤-Kaycee
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

KcTheAcy wrote:
> Do you have HS-33's on it, Or does it need the Scott Wallis adaptor to
> fit with the LM rim?

Only addition are bearing shims (for 40mm Profile bearings) from
Unicycle.com (8 bucks) so the wheelset fits the KH frame. Fits fine and
rolls like butter.

Better than this set up would be to do what Josh and others are doing:
get the LM rim build on a new KH hub. I run the Profile because I like
160 crank arms.

JL

--
vivalargo
vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625

KcTheAcy wrote:
> Do you have HS-33's on it, Or does it need the Scott Wallis adaptor to
> fit with the LM rim?

the KH frame will work with the LM rim but not with Magura brakes, so
yes you will need those adapters that mount the brakes father out...

Magura's wont work on a KH frame/Large MArge rim combo without
modification.

--
forget_your_life

dream one dream many....
*'R.I.P' (http://tinyurl.com/vr86)*
forget_your_life's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4558

UniPsychoLiam wrote:
> apparantly over here in NZ the KH Trials have are being sold with the
> new frames... and i'm purchasing one soon

Yeah because we dont have any of the older kh alu frames left on
them... Peter Bier has been riding an '06 19" KH since they arrived.
sexy uni fo sho

--
muzzle

my videos: 'muzzle!videos' (http://youtube.com/profile?user=muzzl3)