2006 Shelby Ford Mustang Cobra

I be real dizzapointed on the new Caddy Escaladez... this yizzear it aint got shizzle under the hood. and damn, check out those ugly-ass rims. I do like the over-"sizzized" caddy logo... also, I don't like fifty cent's name attached to that ride!

My apologies if I have offended anyone with my arguably racist post. Im just kidding...

jaguar75 said:
Very nice...It has some Lotus lines I think but overall a work of art. I would think that if you have the money to afford this car you could also afford to get it delivered to you in the states! :)
I was thinking that maybe it isn't legal in the States!

Wurm said:
on what grounds?

I have seen some of the things that pass for 'cars' in the states...

The TVR Tuscan is a real life racing car in a street car guise...like the Lotus Esprit Turbo was in the 80s...thats the only reason i can think of that may exclude it.

Wurm said:
Remember the McLaren F1 and The Enzo are both legal in the States and the only thing that differentiates them from their race brethern are indicator lights and an interior with a radio.

jaguar75 said:
Remember the McLaren F1 and The Enzo are both legal in the States and the only thing that differentiates them from their race brethern are indicator lights and an interior with a radio.
cant speak for the Enzo but the McLaren F1 didnt have a radio....not even a basic one. It was a one seater driving machine....no distractions.

MountainPro said:
cant speak for the Enzo but the McLaren F1 didnt have a radio....not even a basic one. It was a one seater driving machine....no distractions.
Yeah...I was being sarcastic by saying there really isn't anything that separates the street from the race versions of these cars. I had the fortunate luck of pulling up to a restaurant the oher day for lunch and there was an Enzo parked out front. My god what a beautiful car...it's not everyday that you get to stand next to a million dollar plus work of art... :D

jaguar75 said:
Yeah...I was being sarcastic by saying there really isn't anything that separates the street from the race versions of these cars. I had the fortunate luck of pulling up to a restaurant the oher day for lunch and there was an Enzo parked out front. My god what a beautiful car...it's not everyday that you get to stand next to a million dollar plus work of art... :D
you were lucky to see an Enzo, Ferrari only ever built 399 of them and were exported to Europe, UK, Middle East, USA etc...you were lucky to have seen one....very lucky.

when they announced that they were going into manufature, Ferrari got interest from over 10,000 people world wide all wanting one...many were dissapointed that the run ended with only 399.

in a few years they'll make a new supercar...my name is down...

MountainPro said:
you were lucky to see an Enzo, Ferrari only ever built 399 of them and were exported to Europe, UK, Middle East, USA etc...you were lucky to have seen one....very lucky.

when they announced that they were going into manufature, Ferrari got interest from over 10,000 people world wide all wanting one...many were dissapointed that the run ended with only 399.

in a few years they'll make a new supercar...my name is down...
I watched a TV episode the other day called "Rides", I don't know if you guys get it...They talked a little about the Ferrari owners show in Cali...There were several Enzo's there and the dude hosting the show said that When Ferrari started to make the car they created a "call" list for the people that Ferrari wanted to own the Enzo. The guy said that They called everyone on the list until all of the cars were sold. I heard that the going price for a used one at auction right now is nearing the 3 million mark...Just what I have heard. :)

jaguar75 said:
I wanted to ask you Mountain...is that you in your avatar?
you know, not a lot of cyclists recognise the late great Marco Pantani when he is not on his bike grimacing like a bulldog...

its a rare studio shot of my fave cyclist of all time. Il Pirata.

this is me here..

http://www.cyclingforums.com/showpost.php?p=1852033&postcount=632

Jag, if you could own any car regarless of how much it costs to run, what would it be?

I myself have to think of this...

jaguar75 said:
Well, I am no high-zoot car "expert" by any stretch. I had just assumed that perhaps the horsepower rating or the exhaust/emissions system wasn't kosher for the laws here. (?)

Still, if I had the mad money for it, the Pagani's would be one of those on my very short list. Not to knock other's choices here, but the new Mustang would not be. It just doesn't do much for me, and I've never been too crazy about Ford anyway.

I also wouldn't blink an eye at dropping $25G or more on a mint, original '71 Hemi 'Cuda or '70 Super Bee/440 - but that's just me.

Each to their own....

Wurm said:
I also wouldn't blink an eye at dropping $25G or more on a mint, original '71 Hemi 'Cuda or '70 Super Bee/440 - but that's just me. Each to their own....
Even though I have a soft spot for modern supercars...I will agree I also am a MOPAR fan...nothing like good ole' American Muscle!!! :cool:

jaguar75 said:
Even though I have a soft spot for modern supercars...I will agree I also am a MOPAR fan...nothing like good ole' American Muscle!!! :cool:
Mopar...yes indeed.

I have always like the Dodge Viper. My favourite American muscle car has to be the 1969 Dodge Charger...it has nothing to do with the TV show Dukes of Hazzard...i just think its a great car in its own right..

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/dodge-charger/images/dodge-charger-1969a.jpg

the new Ford GTs based on the 60s Ford GT40 LeMans race cars are just amazing.

If i could have any car, it may be one of those.
http://www.dannywhitfield.com/images/ITEM_8-D-3_2005_FORD_GT_Standard_Production_Blue_copy.jpg

or one of these...

http://www.modernracer.com/features/detroit2004pics/detroit2004pic2.jpg

2005 Aston Martin DB9

not the most expensive super cars in the world...but i like them.

On a realisitc level i am gunning for one of these.

http://www.japanvehicles.com/newcars/mitsubishi/Evo8/evo8/gsrfront.jpg

i was at the Glasgow Mitsubishi dealership and they have one for £32,500.

its a 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8 GSR....based on the Evo Ralliart Rally car made famous by Tommi Makkinen.

320bhp, 4 wheel drive, 2.0 litre, 4 cylinder turbo. the road car is capped at 156mph but Mitsubishi claim it can hit over 175mph.

It out accellerates most Porsche, Ferrari, Merc, BMW etc. 0-60 in 4.5 sec.

how much was that price again? £32,500 brand new.

I want one and my wife has promised to buy me one....one day.

today is my birthday...Friday 13th...:eek: ..

perhaps there will be one waiting for me in the driveway today...

MountainPro said:
Mopar...yes indeed.

I have always like the Dodge Viper. My favourite American muscle car has to be the 1969 Dodge Charger...it has nothing to do with the TV show Dukes of Hazzard...i just think its a great car in its own right..

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/dodge-charger/images/dodge-charger-1969a.jpg

the new Ford GTs based on the 60s Ford GT40 LeMans race cars are just amazing.

If i could have any car, it may be one of those.
http://www.dannywhitfield.com/images/ITEM_8-D-3_2005_FORD_GT_Standard_Production_Blue_copy.jpg

or one of these...

http://www.modernracer.com/features/detroit2004pics/detroit2004pic2.jpg

2005 Aston Martin DB9

not the most expensive super cars in the world...but i like them.
It is so funny you mentioned the Ford GT. I was at my Ford dealership yesterday looking at the 2005 Harley Davidson F250 Turbo Diesel, becasue I want one, and they have a red and white GT there now. It is #844 of 1000. I took a bunch of pictures with my camera phone...pictures do no justice to that car...you have to see it in person. because Ford only made 1000 the dealership asking price on this one is 320k. I have a feeling it is going to sit on thier showroom floor for a little while.

jaguar75 said:
It is so funny you mentioned the Ford GT. I was at my Ford dealership yesterday looking at the 2005 Harley Davidson F250 Turbo Diesel, becasue I want one, and they have a red and white GT there now. It is #844 of 1000. I took a bunch of pictures with my camera phone...pictures do no justice to that car...you have to see it in person. because Ford only made 1000 the dealership asking price on this one is 320k. I have a feeling it is going to sit on thier showroom floor for a little while.
you can build a replica in kit form for about £15,000 ($30,000 USD)...

smaller engine obviously but the body shape is exact to the very milimeter.

jaguar75 said:
Hey - "MOPAR or NO car", right? ;)

NYY2183 said:
that is the car John Travolta drove in "Swordfish" right?
never seen the movie but if you want a flash car, look to Lotus, TVR, Aston Martin...most america actors do anyway...