2006 TDF Route

HughMann

New Member
Jun 22, 2004
The route for Le Tour 2006 (link) has just been released.

Plenty of time left to choose the new DVD/HD recorder, get in heaps of popcorn and No-Doz, and save up heaps of vouchers from the Pizza shop.

The race is over 20 stages that have the following profiles:
* 9 flat stages,
* 4 medium mountain stages,
* 5 mountain stages,
* 2 individual time-trial stages,

The towns
P Saturday, July 1st 7 km
Strasbourg (TT)

1 Sunday, July 2nd 183 km
Strasbourg > Strasbourg

2 Monday, July 3rd 223 km
Obernai > Esch-sur-Alzette

3 Tuesday, July 4th 216 km
Esch-sur-Alzette > Valkenburg

4 Wednesday, July 5th 215 km
Huy > Saint-Quentin

5 Thursday, July 6th 219 km
Beauvais > Caen

6 Friday, July 7th 184 km
Lisieux > Vitré

7 Saturday, July 8th 52 km
Saint-Grégoire > Rennes (TT)

8 Sunday, July 9th 177 km
Saint-Méen-le-Grand > Lorient

R Monday, July 10th
Rest day - Bordeaux

9 Tuesday, July 11th 170 km
Bordeaux > Dax

10 Wednesday, July 12th 193 km
Cambo-les-Bains > Pau

11 Thursday, July 13th 208 km
Tarbes > Val d'Aran - Pla-de-Beret

12 Friday, July 14th 211 km
Luchon > Carcassonne

13 Saturday, July 15th 231 km
Béziers > Montélimar

14 Sunday, July 16th 181 km
Montélimar > Gap

R Monday, July 17th
Rest day

15 Tuesday, July 18th 187 km
Gap > L'Alpe d'Huez

16 Wednesday, July 19th 182 km
Bourg d'Oisans > La Toussuire

17 Thursday, July 20th 199 km
Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne > Morzine

18 Friday, July 21st 193 km
Morzine > Mâcon

19 Saturday, July 22nd 56 km
Le Creusot > Montceau-les-Mines (TT)

20 Sunday, July 23rd 152 km
Antony-Parc de Sceaux > Paris Champs-Élysées

TOTAL 3,639 km

A lot of riding to do yet before "couch potato" time arrives.

Cheers
Hugh

Insert witty, smartarse or vapid comment here

HughMann wrote:
> The route for 'Le Tour 2006 '
> (http://www.letour.fr/2006/TDF/presentation/us/parcours.html) (link)
> has just been released.
>
> Plenty of time left to choose the new DVD/HD recorder, get in heaps of
> popcorn and No-Doz, and save up heaps of vouchers from the Pizza shop.
>
> The race is over 20 stages that have the following profiles:
> * 9 flat stages,
> * 4 medium mountain stages,
> * 5 mountain stages,
> * 2 individual time-trial stages,

There is no team time trial for next year's TdF.

Hmmm ... I wonder if the organisers have set up the course for an
Ullrich win ...

;)

Based on this year's performance, I don't think "The Sausage Creature"
has enough left for another Grand Tour win; and knowing him he'll train
less and eat more strudel in LA's absence. Basso will do it
comfortably.

Kimon wrote:
> Based on this year's performance, I don't think "The Sausage Creature"
> has enough left for another Grand Tour win; and knowing him he'll train
> less and eat more strudel in LA's absence. Basso will do it
> comfortably.

ouch! well, we'll see what happens next year. It would be good to see
Ullrich win it again. This year's performance was an improvement over
last year's.

Who knows, he might go on a proper diet this winter ...

And Basso will not be riding the Giro next year in order to devote more
time to the TdF (sound familiar?)