2006 Tour de l'Avenir, the Grand Tour for young riders....

jaysus, Nicholas Roche won the stage and the yellow jersey today, and Limerickman hasn't posted about it? :eek:

Dead Star said:
jaysus, Nicholas Roche won the stage and the yellow jersey today, and Limerickman hasn't posted about it? :eek:
The way he won the stage: supurb. It was his first pro win and it was very convincing. I was there (i skipped Tour of Britain after i got the opportunitiy to follow the Tour de l'Avenir) followe the race from the start, on one of the hills and at the finish (and ofcourse radio tour). Here a pic that i made at the finish. Later more on the cyclingheroes website (picture gallery in about 7 or 8 hours).

cyclingheroes said:
The way he won the stage: supurb. It was his first pro win and it was very convincing. I was there (i skipped Tour of Britain after i got the opportunitiy to follow the Tour de l'Avenir) followe the race from the start, on one of the hills and at the finish (and ofcourse radio tour). Here a pic that i made at the finish. Later more on the cyclingheroes website (picture gallery in about 7 or 8 hours).
Yes that was a great win and nice to have the leaders jersey two days.

If he has only a half of his Dad's talent, well he'll have a great future.

To what extent is the Avenir a signpost for future sucess? How seriously do scouts and DS of teams take it?

wicklow200 said:
Yes that was a great win and nice to have the leaders jersey two days.

If he has only a half of his Dad's talent, well he'll have a great future.

To what extent is the Avenir a signpost for future sucess? How seriously do scouts and DS of teams take it?
Scouts and DS of teams take it very serious. Future succes, well here are some of the past winners:

1964 Felice Gimondi
1969 Joop Zoetemelk
1981 Simon (Pascal)
1982 Greg Lemond
1986 Miguel Indurain
1988 Laurent Fignon
1994 Angel Casero
2001 Dennis Menchov

All GC winners of a grand tour...
Last year it was won by Lars Bak (CSC)