2007 Roi Mag-ma Frameset Update

Strid said:
Yeah, this is getting more and more pointless! There is an old saying which goes like this. "Arguing over the Internet is like running the Special Olympics - even if you win, you're still retarded!" :)
Yeah, you have the most sense out of all of us. I am with you, I don't care anymore.

Very, very interesting thread indeed. What with trying to keep track of all these different frames, very helpful too!
:D

Bro Deal said:
As Vector7 he was claiming to be an engineer. Now he claims to be a rich, about to retire lawyer, a lawyer who does not know the difference between slander and libel but one who has upgraded his knowledge slightly from "defamation or whatver the legal term is."
Let's not forget that as Vector7 he also claimed to be both a 195 pound man whose wife liked his shaved legs AND a woman who was an engineer!

roshea said:
Let's not forget that as Vector7 he also claimed to be both a 195 pound man whose wife liked his shaved legs AND a woman who was an engineer!
Now he is a superpowered lawyer with thousnads in disposable cash, 8 shaved tentacles, 41 friends who have thousands in disposable cash, a body that enables him to ride 141 miles a day while earning $1000000 a year, all while building the bikes for his friends. I think hes a man this time too. :D

bobbyOCR said:
Now he is a superpowered lawyer with thousnads in disposable cash, 8 shaved tentacles, 41 friends who have thousands in disposable cash, a body that enables him to ride 141 miles a day while earning $1000000 a year, all while building the bikes for his friends. I think hes a man this time too. :D
I hope there are no Japanese schoolgirls in Wilmington. :eek:

Thanks Bobby. :)

bobbyOCR said:

So, the big question is.... has carbongeorge slunk away due to overwhelming evidence ... or has he just resurrected himself with a different moniker? To be fair, to have accomplished all that man has in the past few weeks, he is probably just EXHAUSTED!!!

Let’s review. He’s traveled to Europe and Las Vegas, he came here in late Sept/early Oct. asking innocently about ROI bikes, saying he didn’t know anything about them. Since then, he’s met a man at Eurobike who was never there, purchased, built, (and in one case, disassembled and broken) two ROI frames, one of which he rode 850 miles before it even arrived from Italy, purchased a Cervelo carbon which he seems to have no interest in anymore, talked dozens of his riding buddies (or clubs or tri clubs, depending on his day or mood. By the way George, when confronted about your marathon results, you said you don’t run. So why do you belong to a triathlon club?) into buying dozens of the pricy frames, answered a myriad of cycling questions on this forum for hours on end, averaged better than 140 miles a day in the mountains, averaged over 22 mpg for over 80 miles, ran a multi-million dollar business with over 20 employees (who ALL also followed this thread and laughed along with carbongeorge), built up bike after bike in two hours or less-as relaxation, rescued his camera from the toilet, endured the HP warranty process (only to be presented with a Canon as replacement!!), practicing physical therapy, scheming on his next purchase of several other high-end frames, pointing unsuspecting cyclists in the direction of George Ama, Zefiro USA items on ebay and dodging any questions or requests for backup on his claims. All the while soldiering-on in the face of a mountain of evidence to the contrary, all with the enthusiasm of a used car salesman. Geez, lets not forget he's training to "take the podium" because he races as well! WHEW! I’m exhausted just thinking about it! I guess being that busy makes it impossible to shoot any photos of his achievements.

But what do I know, I’m just jealous and delusional. :rolleyes: No hard feelings bro..

100miles said:
So, the big question is.... has carbongeorge slunk away due to overwhelming evidence ... or has he just resurrected himself with a different moniker? To be fair, to have accomplished all that man has in the past few weeks, he is probably just EXHAUSTED!!!

Let’s review. He’s traveled to Europe and Las Vegas, he came here in late Sept/early Oct. asking innocently about ROI bikes, saying he didn’t know anything about them. Since then, he’s met a man at Eurobike who was never there, purchased, built, (and in one case, disassembled and broken) two ROI frames, one of which he rode 850 miles before it even arrived from Italy, purchased a Cervelo carbon which he seems to have no interest in anymore, talked dozens of his riding buddies (or clubs or tri clubs, depending on his day or mood. By the way George, when confronted about your marathon results, you said you don’t run. So why do you belong to a triathlon club?) into buying dozens of the pricy frames, answered a myriad of cycling questions on this forum for hours on end, averaged better than 140 miles a day in the mountains, averaged over 22 mpg for over 80 miles, ran a multi-million dollar business with over 20 employees (who ALL also followed this thread and laughed along with carbongeorge), built up bike after bike in two hours or less-as relaxation, rescued his camera from the toilet, endured the HP warranty process (only to be presented with a Canon as replacement!!), practicing physical therapy, scheming on his next purchase of several other high-end frames, pointing unsuspecting cyclists in the direction of George Ama, Zefiro USA items on ebay and dodging any questions or requests for backup on his claims. All the while soldiering-on in the face of a mountain of evidence to the contrary, all with the enthusiasm of a used car salesman. Geez, lets not forget he's training to "take the podium" because he races as well! WHEW! I’m exhausted just thinking about it! I guess being that busy makes it impossible to shoot any photos of his achievements.

But what do I know, I’m just jealous and delusional. :rolleyes: No hard feelings bro..
It seems that carbonposer is done. So much for his "endurance". He never won a sausage, let alone a spot on the podium. I called Luca, the owner of Roi bikes in Italy. The phone number is on their website. Luca made it very clear that George AMA III is NOT his distributor.
He said that he met George once, in Tampa and GEORGE WAS NEVER IN THEIR BOOTH AT EUROBIKE. Sorry carbonposer, George LIED to you! He never went. Luca is very frustrated with George, who had a great sales pitch in the beginning all flapppin gums about his marketing plans, web site bla,bla, bla. He went on to say that he has only purchased a few bikes and keeps relisting the same one over and over. Luca believes he is just a one man show working from his home. He had no idea about all of the madness that George is posting (he does now!) and was very unhappy about it. He also can't find the big order for all those Wilmington bikes. Roi does have a factory rep (not the distributor) Andrew with Power Cranks. I also called him and he is really ****** with George and can't believe George's idea of marketing is E-bay! He is looking for a real distributor. Game over. Goodnight everybody and thanks for comming! See you next time for another exciting episode of " ". Hmmm. Not sure on what to call it. Perhaps some of our audience can help out here? No hard feelings, Bro. Have a great ride!

Never could figure out why, when he had such a nice frame to sell, he just wasn't upfront about it... very strange. Guess some people are just always trying to get one over... :confused:

you mean its over!?!?!?

now what am i supposed to do with the rest of my work days?

snaps10 said:
you mean its over!?!?!?

now what am i supposed to do with the rest of my work days?
Settle down. This drama was the first installment of 'as the wheels turn' *play corny theme music*
Keep your eyes out for anything with ROI or cguru in the title.

Hey guys,

I want to apologize for shading the truth. I am not a millionaire. In fact I live in dingy house that is one step above a shot gunned shack in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I guess the reason I exaggerate is that I have a small penis. I tried Enzyte, the once a day tablet for natural male enhancement, but it did not help. Instead of having a whopper in my pants, I compensate by telling whoppers on the Internet.

I know I have a problem, the same one that led my friend Mark Hacking to disaster, but I am trying to get help. I have tried to stop lying, but it is just so hard. I talk to my bishop weekly and he has recommended passages in the Book of Mormon that should allow me to live a more Christ-like life. Pray for me, please.

Regards,
George Ama III

mrklein said:
...I called Luca, the owner of Roi bikes in Italy...
Great job , Klein.

The more I look into this George Ama III character, the more intrigued I get. He is obviously a hustler and quite probably a con man.

In 2002 he was running a business called "The Note Buyers" in Provo, the same Provo, Utah where Vector7 lived. One of his victims posted a report on ripoffreport.com. Interestingly, George talked to this guy on the phone and--get this--assured him that he was a miilionaire. Where have we heard that before? He also claimed to have been investing in notes for more than ten years. George Ama was 31 years old last February (from the results of a marathon he ran in South Carolina) so that would have made him 27 or 28 in 2002 and he would have had to have been buying notes when he was younger than 18. As soon as he got reported to ripoffreports, he decided to give up his business of 10+ years.

What I find most interesting about this is that that deal did not come about by George misrepresenting himself on the Internet, but he talked to the phone for an hour and half with the guy who reported him. Lying about yourself on message boards is one thing, but I think it is another step up to do it while talking. It reenforces my view that George is a cold blooded liar and displays the sort of sociopathy that is required to be con man.

He seems to have bounced through a whole series of small businesses, all of which involve marketing on the Internet.

Maybe I am cynical, but I see his childsafenetwork.org (CSN) as a scam designed to get donations and corporate sponsorship, some of which he could skim off for himself in the form of salary. I also question how successful it is/was. He has a testimonial used by Freedomvoice that Freedomvoice has saved CSN a $100K from its phone operations. That figure in savings would imply that the whole operation had a fair bit of cash flowing through it and beg the question of why George has to sell **** on ebay to make extra money.

Freedomvoice is also interesting. They have crapflooded the Internet with information about their services. Their products are marketed using many different domain names and further information shows up in message forums and Internet press releases. There are so many pages that refer to them that it is difficult to untangle exactly what is going on. My first thought was that the operation appears to be George's Internet marketing tactics writ large.

Many of the of the Freedomvoice sites use testimonials that include quotes from George Ama III. One of their press releases about earnings strangely includese a testimonial by George even though there does not appear to be any reason why it would be included. It is likely that George has/had some sort of relationship with Freedomvoice, probably something other than just being a customer.

Freedomvoice offers phone services like 800 numbers, voicemail, and virtual office solutions. If you have a small, or non-existant, business that needs to have a phone answered by a receptionist then they can provide that. By sheer coincidence, in 2001 George Ama was working for telelawyer.com and his bio notes six years of experience in customer service phone operations prior to coming to work for them. Yes, carbonweasel does appear to have worked at a firm that had something to do with lawyers, but instead of working as a million dollar a year, high powered attorney, he appears to have been running their call service. This coincidence makes me suspect that George worked for freedomvoice before branching out on his own.

George's bio lists a B.S. in accounting from Brigham Young University and an MBA from the University of Utah. Anyone who knows anything about Utah knows that it is rife with scam artists. I have heard, but do not know if it is true, that the FBI's largest white collar crime department is based in Salt Lake City; and it is definitely true that Utah County has more multi level marketing companies than any other county in the entire country.

Freedomvoice has affiliate and distributer offers, but they are not designated exclusive regions. This is similar to many MLM companies where lack of exclusivity makes it impossible to operate a viable distributership. In fact freedomvoice has many ads that seem eerily similar to many work from home scams. There does appear to be some sort of real business that freedomvoice is based on--they have operated since 1996--but again the information is so convoluted that it is difficult to tell exactly what they are doing.

Interestingly, CSN also has an offer for people to set up affiliates in other states, which is one reason why I suspect it to be a scam. I can imagine George doing fund raising in Utah and getting others to do fund raising in their states, kicking up a portion of the money to the mother company. Or maybe that was the plan but it did not work out.

Lastly, his connection to Utah makes him somewhat suspect. He is a mormon and there are a certain portion of mormons that beleive that ripping off non-mormons (gentiles as they call them) is okay. That might be one of the reasons that there are so many MLM companies in Utah, most of which make their money by duping people out of state.

10 PAGES *fireworks, clapping, cheering etc.*

Wow. This has been going on for ages. Well done Bro Deal, that is interesting info. OT, but, more drama. An eyelet on my rear RR1.1 'de' eyeleted. The wheels have been sent back to Dirtworks :( I am not sure if I'll go to them again, I might sell these and get a set built with OP.

Back to topic. Carbongeorge or guru, I can't remember. You are busted. Unless you answer every single question you have weaseled out of, you will have established a reputation as a fraud amongst some 'influential' forum members such as Bro Deal. This is not a good start. Your mannerisms have also been noted and we will eventually find out if a new member just happens to be you. Stop your scamming and get a real job.

Bro Deal said:
Lastly, his connection to Utah makes him somewhat suspect. He is a mormon and there are a certain portion of mormons that beleive that ripping off non-mormons (gentiles as they call them) is okay. That might be one of the reasons that there are so many MLM companies in Utah, most of which make their money by duping people out of state.
appears as though George is taking "bleeding the beast" to a new level...

Bro Deal, Mr. Klein: Great info. Bro Deal, I saw the ripoff report and that, combined with his marathon appearance suggested to me that he was more than just some guy embellishing on a forum. Looks like his dishonesty permeates everything he does. It's all part of his operation. But he doesn't do it very well. If you're going to cheat in a marathon you don't run the first half in over 2 hours and the second in 54 minutes and set a world record! Just like his crazy stories here, real runners called him out on it. He never learns.

He is very personable and friendly on the phone. Just like the guy on the ripoff report stated. But there was something about him that prompted me to plug his name into Google. Boy was I enlightened. After finding the vector 7 posts it was so obvious that he came back this time trying to be a little more careful with what he posted. So, like one out of 5 of his posts plugged products ZefiroUSA was selling on ebay (garmin, maxis courvechal, neuvation saddles etc). And of course, ROI. In one thread, he names his favorite 10 frames. And instead of saying ROI, he says ROIbike.usa. One for the search engines?

The sad thing is that it looks as if he glommed himself onto Luca and ROI bikes like a barnacle and by doing so may have caused them some embarrassment. He found an unsuspecting company that actually had a good product and he probably thought they would never find out due to the language barrier.

I wonder what else he's up to. I feel sorry for anyone unfortunate enough to stumble into him and hand him money. He seems to have a special interest in bikes, he may even ride. So I'm sure he'll be back. He probably finds it thrilling to come back here and not get caught.

Mr. Klein, I think it's interesting the Power Cranks guy is ROI's factory rep. Carbongeorge was just on here recently dissin' Power Cranks. Hmmm. Maybe George is aware of Andrew's disdain? Just a thought.

This has been amusing and entertaining for many. I hope it raises flags that he's more than just some internet fool. He's a person that has caused considerable and real damage to people's lives. And, I can speak from firsthand experience--people really do come here to get good advice about what products to buy and from whom.

Once again I am not George. Believe what you want but I just like to ride this bike. It's a great frame. It has ride qualities that no other frame I have ridden has had to offer.

I am on to my next project -- Cyfac. I am waiting on a wheelset I had built for it. I think it will be a great ride too once I have it dialed in. Once I get some good mileage on it I'll post another thread about the ride quality. :)

100miles said:
Bro Deal, Mr. Klein: Great info. Bro Deal, I saw the ripoff report and that, combined with his marathon appearance suggested to me that he was more than just some guy embellishing on a forum. Looks like his dishonesty permeates everything he does. It's all part of his operation. But he doesn't do it very well. If you're going to cheat in a marathon you don't run the first half in over 2 hours and the second in 54 minutes and set a world record! Just like his crazy stories here, real runners called him out on it. He never learns.

He is very personable and friendly on the phone. Just like the guy on the ripoff report stated. But there was something about him that prompted me to plug his name into Google. Boy was I enlightened. After finding the vector 7 posts it was so obvious that he came back this time trying to be a little more careful with what he posted. So, like one out of 5 of his posts plugged products ZefiroUSA was selling on ebay (garmin, maxis courvechal, neuvation saddles etc). And of course, ROI. In one thread, he names his favorite 10 frames. And instead of saying ROI, he says ROIbike.usa. One for the search engines?

The sad thing is that it looks as if he glommed himself onto Luca and ROI bikes like a barnacle and by doing so may have caused them some embarrassment. He found an unsuspecting company that actually had a good product and he probably thought they would never find out due to the language barrier.

I wonder what else he's up to. I feel sorry for anyone unfortunate enough to stumble into him and hand him money. He seems to have a special interest in bikes, he may even ride. So I'm sure he'll be back. He probably finds it thrilling to come back here and not get caught.

Mr. Klein, I think it's interesting the Power Cranks guy is ROI's factory rep. Carbongeorge was just on here recently dissin' Power Cranks. Hmmm. Maybe George is aware of Andrew's disdain? Just a thought.

This has been amusing and entertaining for many. I hope it raises flags that he's more than just some internet fool. He's a person that has caused considerable and real damage to people's lives. And, I can speak from firsthand experience--people really do come here to get good advice about what products to buy and from whom.