2007 Roi Monster Frameset Arrived

carbonguru

Sep 14, 2006
Guys...I got my Monster Frame this morning!!! I cannot believe how nice it turned out. I just stripped my Mag-Ma Frame this morning so I could put the 2007 Record components on this new Monster. It will take me a day or so to build the Monster then I can ride it to test it out. I know that I got some private messages asking if I got the frame yet. Please see the pics I included for you. I also took the weights of my custom made frames. Thanks Guys!

Thanks Ryan. I am going to build the Monster ASAP. I may even take Friday off and build it all at once since I can go faster when I'm concentrating and on task. From what I hear, the Monster is a great ride. There is a guy selling his Monster on eBay from last season due to a new Sponsor change. I messaged him to ask about his experience and he had nothing but great things to say about the frame and its race characteristics. His Sponsor is making him race on a FLYTE Frame next season which he isn't too happy about. Of course, I'd like to form my own opinion. I'll keep you posted once I get it all ready. I ordered a specific wheelset for it that is not completed yet, but I will throw on my American Classic Mag 300's so I can take it for a spin when I'm done. Wish me luck.

ryanspeer said:
Those are beautiful!

I think we all believe you now. There is nothing more authentic than a pic on the scales, manufacturers hate doing that.

Those are bloody nice ;). The lines of the MagMa and monster seem very fluid, plus they aren't heavy. I am not sure about the paint though..... it is probably better in person.

bobbyOCR said:
I think we all believe you now. There is nothing more authentic than a pic on the scales, manufacturers hate doing that.

Those are bloody nice ;). The lines of the MagMa and monster seem very fluid, plus they aren't heavy. I am not sure about the paint though..... it is probably better in person.
Really? We all do? Guess I missed the poll. It's probably a good thing then, that you've restored his credibility and we can all move on and accept carbonguru's advice and tutelage.

Yes, I agree beautiful bikes. Too bad they ran out of the metallic silver frame on the monster that you ordered, carbonguru

100miles said:
Really? We all do? Guess I missed the poll. It's probably a good thing then, that you've restored his credibility and we can all move on and accept carbonguru's advice and tutelage.

Yes, I agree beautiful bikes. Too bad they ran out of the metallic silver frame on the monster that you ordered, carbonguru
Followed the first thread, and I'm still skeptical about the source. These look like pics of new and unridden frames, which could have been taken by a distributor as they passed through his/her hands.

They are beautiful frames, though.

carbonguru said:
Thanks Ryan. I am going to build the Monster ASAP. I may even take Friday off and build it all at once since I can go faster when I'm concentrating and on task. From what I hear, the Monster is a great ride. There is a guy selling his Monster on eBay from last season due to a new Sponsor change. I messaged him to ask about his experience and he had nothing but great things to say about the frame and its race characteristics. His Sponsor is making him race on a FLYTE Frame next season which he isn't too happy about. Of course, I'd like to form my own opinion. I'll keep you posted once I get it all ready. I ordered a specific wheelset for it that is not completed yet, but I will throw on my American Classic Mag 300's so I can take it for a spin when I'm done. Wish me luck.
Holy cow CarbonGuru!!! George Ama/Zefiro USA/ROI Bike USA JUST TODAY posted the SAME frame on ebay! And he's claiming its the only one in the US!! You'd better set him straight... (item #260047979359) ****! And he even copied YOUR SAME CUSTOM PAINT JOB.

100miles said:
Holy cow CarbonGuru!!! George Ama/Zefiro USA/ROI Bike USA JUST TODAY posted the SAME frame on ebay! And he's claiming its the only one in the US!! You'd better set him straight... (item #260047979359) ****! And he even copied YOUR SAME CUSTOM PAINT JOB.
ROTFL! Good catch.

Never underestimate people's stupidity. George/carbonguru gets outed as a ROI Bike shill and as the storm died down he could have laid low for a few weeks, just making regular posts. Instead he decides to stick his head in the jaws of the croc mere days afterward. Moron.

Bro Deal said:
ROTFL! Good catch.

Never underestimate people's stupidity. George/carbonguru gets outed as a ROI Bike shill and as the storm died down he could have laid low for a few weeks, just making regular posts. Instead he decides to stick his head in the jaws of the croc mere days afterward. Moron.
I think he's going to come back and call you a stupid-head or a gay-stupid-head or something equally intelligent.. :D

100miles there are just some people like yourself that will always be haters. No matter how much 'proof' you need or want. The Mag-Ma only comes in one color you moron. The frame size I have is custom tailored to my fit kit measurements.

I guess there are more intelligent people than just me who see ROI Frames for their stellar quality. This auction is obviously after I got my bike. So I'm the 1st in America to have had this frame. But who the heck cares! I can't wait to hop on my new Monster. I should be out pounding on it on our Saturday Morning ride. I'll keep you posted...

100miles said:

Thanks NBF. They are indeed beautiful frames. I wish you could see them close-up and personal. They are really nice builds.

nbfman said:
Followed the first thread, and I'm still skeptical about the source. These look like pics of new and unridden frames, which could have been taken by a distributor as they passed through his/her hands.

They are beautiful frames, though.

Bobby...the paint is incredible. Look at the Mag-Ma Frame. It has 1000+ miles on it and it still shines. [OK I shined it after I tore it apart] but the frame still sparkles.

The Monster is painted in Ferrari Red. With Silver Metallic Accents and Black. I LOVE the way it turned out. It's so shiny. The frame is actually stunning in person. You'd love it. I will try and build it up on Friday. I'll let you know how it rides. I have a feeling this frame will be plenty fast and stiff. I wonder how comfortable it will be after 70+ miles. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

bobbyOCR said:

It is extremely strange to see no chain marks, scratches or any other discernible signs of wear. You know what, I don't care.

Keep being skeptical 100miles, you don't have to buy a ROI. I won't, probably ever, so if we can all agree that carbonguru is simply another person, maybe not who he says he is, who likes ROI bikes. It doesn't matter if he is the distributor, I don't see any other posts about sales of ROI frames.

Hope you enjoy your Monster Cguru ;)

Thanks Bobby. I will keep you posted on the Monster once I get a chance to put some mileage on it.

bobbyOCR said:
It is extremely strange to see no chain marks, scratches or any other discernible signs of wear. You know what, I don't care.

Keep being skeptical 100miles, you don't have to buy a ROI. I won't, probably ever, so if we can all agree that carbonguru is simply another person, maybe not who he says he is, who likes ROI bikes. It doesn't matter if he is the distributor, I don't see any other posts about sales of ROI frames.

Hope you enjoy your Monster Cguru ;)

carbonguru said:
100miles there are just some people like yourself that will always be haters. No matter how much 'proof' you need or want. The Mag-Ma only comes in one color you moron. The frame size I have is custom tailored to my fit kit measurements.

I guess there are more intelligent people than just me who see ROI Frames for their stellar quality. This auction is obviously after I got my bike. So I'm the 1st in America to have had this frame. But who the heck cares! I can't wait to hop on my new Monster. I should be out pounding on it on our Saturday Morning ride. I'll keep you posted...

I don't hate you carbonguru! Quite the opposite... I've grown fond of you and your amusing posts. And by the hits your ROI threads get, I think others do too (well, with the probable exception of ROI bikes). I'd rather miss you if you went away. And please don't feel any pressure from me to provide proof. I feel you have very clearly presented yourself.

Who cares if carbonguru is a real person or not or just who he says he is or another person? I see his pics of the ROI frames, the look cracking. He's always helpful, who cares if his ROI frame is new or even his own.
To all you who complaint about everything, my name isn't really Strid, and I don't always wear my Superchicken suit. If you don't like the fact that someone you meet over the Internet may or may not be who he or she claims to be, then use your browser with great care. One of the great powers of the Internet is the anonymity. So ... end that pointless discussion; I don't even see how anyone can achieve more than waste time that way. It has nothing to do with what we all love, namely cycling. See attached pic.

Enjoy your ride! :)

DISCLAIMER: Attached picture can be offensive to some people, but still, it's rater funny at the same time, so I don't really care. I have nothing against people with Downs Syndrome, by the way.

Strid said:
Who cares if carbonguru is a real person or not or just who he says he is or another person? I see his pics of the ROI frames, the look cracking. He's always helpful, who cares if his ROI frame is new or even his own.
To all you who complaint about everything, my name isn't really Strid, and I don't always wear my Superchicken suit. If you don't like the fact that someone you meet over the Internet may or may not be who he or she claims to be, then use your browser with great care. One of the great powers of the Internet is the anonymity. So ... end that pointless discussion; I don't even see how anyone can achieve more than waste time that way. It has nothing to do with what we all love, namely cycling. See attached pic.

DISCLAIMER: Attached picture can be offensive to some people, but still, it's rater funny at the same time, so I don't really care. I have nothing against people with Downs Syndrome, by the way.
Ahh yes, the beloved shut the f*** up foundation, that takes me back.

Strid said:

Yeah, you have a point... but I don't get guys who, after spending so much time following and lurking on one of these type threads to jump in when its winding down to point out how they've remained above the fray and what a waste of time it is. It's equally pointless. Or to spend time typing some self-aggrandizing post about how much they don't care. We got it, you don't care. Others do. So move on outta the thread if you think its so stupid. Don't waste any more of your time.
;)