2007 Roi Monster Frameset Arrived

mrklein said:
Found this in another thread where George/Vector 7 was making another grand impression. Thought it was hilarious and fits so well here too! Funny how everything has a way of coming full circle.
Just maybe Georgie's marketing tactics are well-known at "the real" ROI bikes and will also come back to bite him in the ass. Just like his return here did... Oh what a tangled web we weave.. all that. Some people never learn...
Up next on, as the wheels turn (or whatever its called) :D

mrklein said:
Found this in another thread where George/Vector 7 was making another grand impression. Thought it was hilarious and fits so well here too! Funny how everything has a way of coming full circle.
Just maybe Georgie's marketing tactics are well-known at "the real" ROI bikes and will also come back to bite him in the ass. Just like his return here did... Oh what a tangled web we weave.. all that. Some people never learn...
Maybe it did disappear up its own ass... No post ride bombast?! :D Ah, maybe he's resting up to challenge Lance in the NYC marathon tomorrow.. Hope he budgeted for a vespa....would that be in addition to his frame budget or part of it.. hmmm

100miles said:
Maybe it did disappear up its own ass... No post ride bombast?! :D Ah, maybe he's resting up to challenge Lance in the NYC marathon tomorrow.. Hope he budgeted for a vespa....would that be in addition to his frame budget or part of it.. hmmm
Man!, This has got to be the most entertaining thread ever. You never know whats coming ...:D I can't wait to see what carbongeorge comes up with next.

carbonguru said:
One thing I am known for is my endurance. I will reply to every response to this thread each day until it does not get a response. I don't care if it takes 20 years.
:rolleyes:

carbonguru said:
I've been busy building some of my friends new ROI bikes. :) 1 down 4 to go. I'd love to chat, but I have to get back on task.
Ah! Directly from MOUNTAIN PEAKS, US. Four more! Sheesh, I can't imagine driving through "Wilmington" these days... Every man, woman and child on a ROI...Keep those wrenches turning carbonguru :)

carbonguru said:
I've been busy building some of my friends new ROI bikes. :)

When do I get mine? Or do you have to buy from George to qualify as a "friend"?

It's simple. You just need a lot of pennies. This one cost my buddy 600,000 pennies to be exact. The Zefiro Carbon Chainring is SICK!!! 2 bikes down 2 to go. I'll tackle them tomorrow evening. :)

Vector8 said:
When do I get mine? Or do you have to buy from George to qualify as a "friend"?

carbonguru said:
It's simple. You just need a lot of pennies. This one cost my buddy 600,000 pennies to be exact. The Zefiro Carbon Chainring is SICK!!! 2 bikes down 2 to go. I'll tackle them tomorrow evening. :)
Yes, George; we know you have lots of ROI ebay photos. But at this point, we are more interested in you! (please take that as a compliment!
:) ) We want to see YOUR bike. And, I think you should set it right on top of today's Wilmington StarNews to quiet all the haters. I'm also interested in how you like the Speedplay Zero pedals. I have some but they are much older. You didn't select them for this bike though? Your buddy doesn't like them?

carbonguru said:
It's simple. You just need a lot of pennies. This one cost my buddy 600,000 pennies to be exact.
I have 600K pennies to spend on a bike, but I am not in the habit of giving my money to unrepentant fraudsters.

Speedplay Zeros work great! It takes a little getting used to, but once they are dialed in they can be really great pedals. My riding partners use all kinds of pedals. Speedplays, Campy Record or Chorus Pedals and the Look Keo Carbon Pedals. I personally like them all, but have an affinity to Speedplay Zero's myself. You should try them. I think you'd really like them. :)

My Bike is doing OK. I had a big mechanical problem on Saturday. Remember that post I did about the 2007 Ultra-Torque Bolt? Well, I must have stripped it when I took it off the Mag-Ma. I was climing a pretty long hill [about 6% grade] in and out of the saddle, 3 minute intervals, when my BB started making this pinging and knocking noise. At first, I thought I had cracked the BB on the Monster. I jumped off my bike to check it and the Crankarm was loose. Luckily I was only 29 miles out, so I had my wife come pick me up since the bike was not rideable in this condition.

One thing I learned is that the new Campy Crank Tool SUCKS!!! You can't get a normal Torque Wrench on it so you really never know where you're at when tightening the bolt. The 1st time I installed it never backed out. Now the 2nd time around I'm having problems. Maybe I just need some locktight on it. Possibly I may need to replace the screw. Needless to say, I have not been on the bike since Saturday. It felt great for the problem free time I was on it, but the real test was the mountains and descents which I never got to. I have some e-mails in at Campy that I'm waiting on for technical clarification. When I get my BB Area put back together I will take a good picture for you. I may even stick an extra 2007 Chorus Crankset that my Buddy has at his house so I can at least ride it. I'll keep you posted. Thanks. :)

mrklein said:
Yes, George; we know you have lots of ROI ebay photos. But at this point, we are more interested in you! (please take that as a compliment!
:) ) We want to see YOUR bike. And, I think you should set it right on top of today's Wilmington StarNews to quiet all the haters. I'm also interested in how you like the Speedplay Zero pedals. I have some but they are much older. You didn't select them for this bike though? Your buddy doesn't like them?

Then you can give it to me. I'll take good care of it. ;)

Bro Deal said:
I have 600K pennies to spend on a bike, but I am not in the habit of giving my money to unrepentant fraudsters.

carbonguru said:
Then you can give it to me. I'll take good care of it.
I would not trust you or anyone else associated wit Roi USA with 600 pesos.

Sorry you feel that way. But you're entitled to your opinion. I respect that. ;)

Bro Deal said:

If you have that much change laying around you should check out the 2007 Tarmac. Oh so nice!!!

Bro Deal said:

carbonguru said:
Sorry you feel that way. But you're entitled to your opinion. I respect that. ;)
Sheesh carbonguru, I know I keep calling you George but quit apologizing for him...remember? YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO BE GEORGE AMA or ROIBIKE USA! ;)

I wasn't apologizing for anyone. I just think its sad when someone has ill feelings towards someone or something. It's just not Christ-Like.

mrklein said:
Sheesh carbonguru, I know I keep calling you George but quit apologizing for him...remember? YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO BE GEORGE AMA or ROIBIKE USA! ;)

carbonguru said:
I wasn't apologizing for anyone. I just think its sad when someone has ill feelings towards someone or something. It's just not Christ-Like.
ROTFL!

Uh, oh. He has gone to the mattresses and brought up Jesus. Looks like the last resort of a scoundrel. How Christ-like is deceiving people with so many lies you cannot even keep them straight? Your eternal soul might fare better in the afterlife if you spent less time hawking goods on the Internet and more time in the pews.

Are you admitting you are a distributor yet? Those bikes you built up could not have been laced more heavily with ROI's brand Zefiro. I have a hard time believing you have just sold 4 $6000 bikes to your friends. Let alone you having the frames, not just the groupset and other parts. Their delivery time is scary quick.:confused:

Bobby these are the framesets that were ordered by guys in my club. We ordered them all around the same time to get the Team Discount. They already had their parts. They were just waiting for the frames. They received their frames shortly after I got my Monster. I just started putting them together for them last evening. I am building 2 more tonight. There are still 5 more frames coming in this week. Thanks. :)

bobbyOCR said:
Are you admitting you are a distributor yet? Those bikes you built up could not have been laced more heavily with ROI's brand Zefiro. I have a hard time believing you have just sold 4 $6000 bikes to your friends. Let alone you having the frames, not just the groupset and other parts. Their delivery time is scary quick.:confused: