2007 specialized rockhopper pro comp

gt3413

Apr 28, 2006
Anyone have this bike? I always want to post, "No, sorry, no one has that bike!" Seriously though, let me know your thoughts if you have one. I bought a mid-level bike back in May and am already having probs with the Tektra Aquila brakes (GT Avalanche 2.0 disc). I saw the specialized at my LBS and wanted to see peoples thoughts on it. Its got hydraulic discs etc. I'm planning on test riding it soon but wanted to get feedback first. Thanks in advance for your time and input. Greg

In my humble opinion, the Rockhoppers have excellent trail riding frames, and come with a pretty good spec for the cash. My little bro rides an 06 model on uk trails and he loves it.
That said the GT is a sound entry level bike, and has the same frame as its more expensive brother the av 1.0 (which is priced in the same region as the entry level rockhoppers, although the rh frames are better)-just a thought, but if it is just the brakes on your GT you don't like, a set of deore hydro disc's may be a cheaper that a whole bike upgrade.
Or for the price of the rockhopper you could pick up quite a bling frame and some hydro's, and put some of your GT bits on it and replace them as they wear out. This way in the long run you would land a bike with a bit more individuality and character designed around you and your riding.
Then again if the spesh is calling you, you won't be disappointed.
Hope this helps, Cheers