2008 Brodie Cyclocross or 2011 KHS Flite 100 or Specialized Langster ?

Manny735

Jul 8, 2012
Hello friends,

Buying a used bike today...can you tell me which one is the better nike,,,i would use for the road

If I were looking for a road bike, I would be looking more for a bike like the Brodie because it has multiple gearing. The KHS Flite 100 and the Langster are both single speed bikes. That's OK if that is what you are into, but for longer rides in hilly terrain, the Brodie would be a lot easier to ride. The biggest thing that you want to consider are "Does it fit you?", "Is it safe?", and "Do you like the looks of it and the way it feels when you ride it?". Those aren't things that we can help you with.

Great advice,I actually did not get a chance to read your response before i bought the bike...i did choose the Brodie and picked it up for $380 ....i believe it is a 2008 Brodie Ronin.this is my first bike and am heading for my first 1 hour ride,i did notice when i was testing it for about 10 minutes that my rear started to hurt a little..i gues this is normal in the beginning?

So I need a helmet,biking shorts and am all set.

Originally Posted by Manny735 .

Great advice,I actually did not get a chance to read your response before i bought the bike...i did choose the Brodie and picked it up for $380 ....i believe it is a 2008 Brodie Ronin.this is my first bike and am heading for my first 1 hour ride,i did notice when i was testing it for about 10 minutes that my rear started to hurt a little..i gues this is normal in the beginning?

So I need a helmet,biking shorts and am all set.
Definately a helmet. A cheap helmet will give you the same level of protection as a really expensive helmet. They all have to conform to a specific safety standard. What makes one helmet more expensive than another is the number of vents, devices that make fitting adjustments easier, the color(s) and style, and the name of the company that is marketing the helmet.

Your rear is going to hurt a little, even if you get good cycling shorts. It has to get broken in. Normally you should feel a slight dull pain only for a day or two after each ride for about a week if you ride a lot or a month or so if you only ride sporadically. If your rear still bothers you after this time period, you may need to visit your LBS for a tweak in your fitting or to see about getting a new saddle. No two rears are identical and the saddle that is on your Brodie now may have been the perfect saddle for the previous owner but may not be good for you at all. Most LBSs have programs where they will let you test different saddles for specific periods of time until you find one that you like. If you need a new saddle, consult with your LBS about their program.

If you feel any crotch pain, pressure, or numbness, stop riding and get to your LBS so that they can evaluate your saddle posistion before you ride the bike again. This will save your present or future sex life.

Congratulations on your purchase. Good luck and have fun.