2008 FIAC National Championships

Les Earnest

Guest
The FIAC board of directors has chosen to hold four national
championships this year, each in a different part of the country:

(1) Six Day Races for men and women at Alpenrose Velodrome, OR;

(2) Stage Races for elite men and women and masters men at Laramie, WY;

(3) Criteriums for six classes at Long Beach, CA;

(4) Individual Time Trials for six classes at Greenville, OH.

For dates and other details see http://fiac.us/nationals.08.htm .

-Les Earnest, FIAC executive director

In article <[email protected]>,
Les Earnest <[email protected]> wrote:

> The FIAC board of directors has chosen to hold four national
> championships this year, each in a different part of the country:
>
> (1) Six Day Races for men and women at Alpenrose Velodrome, OR;
>
> (2) Stage Races for elite men and women and masters men at Laramie, WY;
>
> (3) Criteriums for six classes at Long Beach, CA;
>
> (4) Individual Time Trials for six classes at Greenville, OH.
>
> For dates and other details see http://fiac.us/nationals.08.htm .
>
> -Les Earnest, FIAC executive director

I am terribly disappointed to hear that my proposal for a Drunken
Cyclocross Nats did not pass.

Being just a tiny bit more serious, do the Stage Race nats also include
a 1-day road race championships? I know one-day races aren't nearly as
common as Crits on this continent, but it seems a surprising omission,
especially since there's a Stage Race nat.

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Les Earnest <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> The FIAC board of directors has chosen to hold four national
>> championships this year, each in a different part of the country:
>>
>> (1) Six Day Races for men and women at Alpenrose Velodrome, OR;
>>
>> (2) Stage Races for elite men and women and masters men at Laramie, WY;
>>
>> (3) Criteriums for six classes at Long Beach, CA;
>>
>> (4) Individual Time Trials for six classes at Greenville, OH.
>>
>> For dates and other details see http://fiac.us/nationals.08.htm .
>>
>> -Les Earnest, FIAC executive director

> I am terribly disappointed to hear that my proposal for a Drunken
> Cyclocross Nats did not pass.
>
> Being just a tiny bit more serious, do the Stage Race nats also include
> a 1-day road race championships? I know one-day races aren't nearly as
> common as Crits on this continent, but it seems a surprising omission,
> especially since there's a Stage Race nat.

Sorry, no. That is something that probably should be considered in
future years.

-Les Earnest