2008 Giro: Six to seven possible CERA positives

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by steve, Oct 31, 2009.

1. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

2008 Giro: Six To Seven Possible CERA Positives | Cyclingnews.com

Tags:

2. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

anyone else getting the feeling that the seven or eight will match up nicely with the seven or eight riders that were popped last year for cera use?

3. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm tired of this "imminent positives" media propaganda. How many times this year have these types of "breaking news" stories come out in the cycling mass media, but then seemingly disappear and go away with nothing to come out of them?

"Show me the money"...IOW, pop some big names and then, and only then, will my cynicism abate...

4. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Agreed.
    They should just announce the positives and be done with it.

Imminent announcements mean nuffink!

5. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

What really sucks is that Roche worked with WADA way before the 2008 Giro and there was a test available. Whilst there isn't a 'magic' marker in CERA as reported by WADA, Roche did say they provided samples of Mircera and assay reagents and that this was provided before the drugs release during clincal trials.

This shouldn't be news. This should have been tested for during the f*$king Giro. Once again, we have some a$sbackwards sporting body trying to make out that they're "conquering drugs in sport" when the simple fact is they f$%ked up.

6. Yakko

Yakko New Member

i wonder if there is just too much legal bs involved to do the obvious?

7. swampy1970

Thanks for the Nazi style "I didn't like the reference to a fellow Irish rider" editing there Lim. ;)

Nice to see unbiased board modertating there.[/sarcasm off]

You've critised Lance and his actions against riders like Simeoni, but what about Roche threatening legal action against Kimmage the writings in his book?

Let's just sweep under the table (ie just edit peoples posts) the fact that Roche was found to have taken EPO as published in an Italian judicial report based upon an investigation on Conconi and several other Italian sports scientists/doctors. Not rumour, not gossip but actual paperwork from labs with names on them and documented at trial. I guess you'll run your mouth, well text, when it comes to the similar Operation Puerto and the latest investigations... but lets not mention cases that have already been closed. Funny how Stephen didn't go back to court to try and counter the findings...

At least Roche wasn't as dumb as his fellow countryman. I don't think Kelly's attempt to fool dope controls by using his mechanics piss and then failing, because the mechanics work insane hours and used speed, could have even been writen by the authors of This is Spinal Tap.

Lim, the serial editor!

8. swampy1970

You mean like just adding said substance to the banned list and running the tests?