2008 Mavic Aksiums

macaj

Nov 6, 2007
hi, just wondering whether anyone has had any experience with the new mavic aksiums and what they thought of them. i understand that they are now radially spoked on the non-drive side at the rear. I would also love to hear if anyone had a comparison between the '07 aksiums and the '08 ones. Thanks in Advance

macaj said:
hi, just wondering whether anyone has had any experience with the new mavic aksiums and what they thought of them. i understand that they are now radially spoked on the non-drive side at the rear. I would also love to hear if anyone had a comparison between the '07 aksiums and the '08 ones. Thanks in Advance

Doesn't seem to be a lot of response so I'll put in my $.02.
For the money, I think you would be better served talking to a local wheelbuilder who could design a wheelset specifically for you and your riding needs. Better hubs, better build, as light if not lighter and about the same price. If nothing local, look at some MO places that offer wheels made by them or call me. I will be a little more expensive as I am a retailer, charge for labor, and normal margin for parts, unlike some others who 'claim' to do it as a hobby or essentially don't charge labor to build their wheels(MO).

http://www.vecchios.com