2008 TDF Stage 6 : Aigurande - Super-Besse Sancy

Nice! Chavanel did make it first over Morand. But Voeckler doesn't seem to be willing to give up the jersey without a fight. He attacked near the end of the climb to get points. Chavanel and Voeckler now tied for points!

Edit: Voeckler and a couple of riders try to keep their lead over the peloton...

Powerful Pete said:
Mamma mia, what has the Tour come to... Voeckler fighting for the polka dot jersey... :rolleyes:
Eurosport is just commenting on an interview with Voeckler. He knows that he cannot defend the jersey when they hit the high mountains, and so he just intends to hold on to the jersey as long as he can.

Edit: They also spoke with Kim Kirchen, and apparently, he realistically thinks he can make it to top ten, although he would like to get into the top three.

Well, the climb to Super-Besse has started, and so one should be on the watchout for any tactical moves. A couple of riders do attack at the front, but nothing interesting yet from anyone in the GC. Then again, there are still 9 km to go, and so it is probably still a bit too early...

Ricco takes it!!!!! He sure must be happy with that. He is followed by Valverde, Evans, F. Schleck and Kirchen.

Too bad that Schumacher crashed before cresting. Unfortunate way to lose the jersey. Kirchen is now in yellow.

TheDarkLord said:
Ricco takes it!!!!! He sure must be happy with that. He is followed by Valverde, Evans, F. Schleck and Kirchen.

Too bad that Schumacher crashed before cresting. Unfortunate way to lose the jersey. Kirchen is now in yellow.
stage good. valverdes man stopped leading him out. ricco jumped. won. future winner right there. schlek no power to attack. stupid. evans was fighting to stay on the wheel of av.

Looks like Chavanel will now be in polka dots. He sure did put in a big effort today for it.

Good for Riccò. I am happy he has won a stage... although he has a big mouth he appears willing to put it on the line and back his talking up. Bene. :D

We have seen how difficult it's now for sprinter to stay with climber even on Cat2 passes.
A whole clean TDF? No but probably just cleaner than precedent years

poulidor said:
A whole clean TDF? No but probably just cleaner than precedent years
I'll grant you that I'm a bit naive, but when I see two teams (Chipotle, Columbia) that both use longitudinal testing (as I understand) being as strong as they are with respect to the rest of the field, it leads me to believe that possibly the tour is reasonably clean this year.

It's still early yet, I guess.

Did anyone else notice/hear Bob Roll ripping on Ricco last night? Basically saying that he is finding the Tour a whole different race than the Giro which I'm sure is true, but we're only 6 stages in) and isn't mouthing off like he usually does. Roll just doesn't like those outspoken young guys I guess. Upsets the old guard.

On a side note, I got a 50 inch plasma delivered on Monday--now I'm sleep deprived from watching the Tour in a whole new way.

jhuskey said:
I picked Valverde or Cunego for the win. Wrong again! :mad:
What the heck happenned to Cunego?? I was hoping to see him tear it up a little bit this year. Guess it's still early, but it really doesn't look good when all the other contenders were able to hang at the front. My other underdog Sanchez didn't do too bad though. Andy Schleck?? Bit disappointing. We'll see what happens when the big hills come around.

kennf said:
On a side note, I got a 50 inch plasma delivered on Monday--now I'm sleep deprived from watching the Tour in a whole new way.
Do you get the broadcast in HD? If yes, I'm very envious.

Bikeridindude said:
What the heck happenned to Cunego?? I was hoping to see him tear it up a little bit this year. Guess it's still early, but it really doesn't look good when all the other contenders were able to hang at the front. My other underdog Sanchez didn't do too bad though. Andy Schleck?? Bit disappointing. We'll see what happens when the big hills come around.
Yup, I think that things are not panning out for Cunego, or at least he is not performing to the level of someone who came to the Tour for the GC. Let us see if he is able to develop better form as the race progresses...