2008 Tour De France : Stage 1 Brest - Plumelec 195 km Saturday, July

RAGT said:
Zabel - Be there, but not able to bag it.
Freire - Be there, very able to bag it.
Pozzato - Be there, able to bag it if Freire makes a mistake.
Cancellara - My question is who is willing to take responsibility to reel him in? His attack may very well stick. So my guess is

Cancellara
Freire
Pozzato, Valverde, Kirchen, Cunego, Ricco??, ? Hard to say.
Steegmans might make it, but he won't beat Freire in a sprint on top of that climb if Freire is OK.

Hushovd has been more or less ill for a week, is now on penicillium, and should not be able to keep close enaugh.
Cancellara will not go off the front in the finish. Not his profile.

thunder said:
Cancellara will not go off the front in the finish. Not his profile.
Are we betting $50 on our stables for this stage? Total green jersey points from the four riders... just at the finish (no bonifications... :p ).

Crankyfeet said:
Are we betting $50 on our stables for this stage? Total green jersey points from the four riders... just at the finish (no bonifications... :p ).
cranky, take a break dude, read a book or something. Get some shut eye so you can watch the tour in full.

thunder said:
cranky, take a break dude, read a book or something. Get some shut eye so you can watch the tour in full.
Trying to squirm out of your picks hey? What are you?... My mother or something?... :D .

So you up for $50 bucks...or do you want to back down... like a cowering dog with its tail between its legs? ... :p

I think I can handle staying up for the TdF.... ;)

Crankyfeet said:
Trying to squirm out of your picks hey? What are you?... My mother or something?... :D .

So you up for $50 bucks...or do you want to back down... like a cowering dog with its tail between its legs? ... :p

I think I can handle staying up for the TdF.... ;)
what is the bet,

I did not bet access to my **** either, if you were so hopin'

thunder said:
what is the bet,

I did not bet access to my **** either, if you were so hopin'
Don't go passive aggressive on me... you read the post... :rolleyes: ... you picked four guys... I picked four.... add up the maillot verde points at the finish (take out any intermediate sprints points). Most points wins $50 bucks. Which is about 5 times what you charge guys for access to your well-worn ****... :p

That will be $100 you owe me after Cav pulls out... :D

Crankyfeet said:
Don't go passive aggressive on me... you read the post... :rolleyes: ... you picked four guys... I picked four.... add up the maillot verde points at the finish (take out any intermediate sprints points). Most points wins $50 bucks. Which is about 5 times what you charge guys for access to your well-worn ****... :p

That will be $100 you owe me after Cav pulls out... :D
ok,

mine were Steegmans Ricco Valverde Hushovd

you had

Freire Pozatto Cancellara some other bum

thunder said:
... some other bum
Yeah... that Zabel guy who won it about 11 years ago when they last did this stage. The one who's having his 38th birthday on Monday...

Bad luck about Hushovd being sick. I'm sure he's just raring to go and fire on all cyclinders in stage one... :D

Crankyfeet said:
Yeah... that Zabel guy who won it about 11 years ago when they last did this stage. The one who's having his 38th birthday on Monday...

Bad luck about Hushovd being sick. I'm sure he's just raring to go and fire on all cyclinders in stage one... :D
is he sick?

thunder said:
is he sick?
Well I'm only going on RAGT's info that he has been on penicillin all week due to illness. He doesn't seem to be talking about it much in his CN interview today... saying that the uphill finishes in stage 1 and 2 might suit him.

Crankyfeet said:
Well I'm only going on RAGT's info that he has been on penicillin all week due to illness. He doesn't seem to be talking about it much in his CN interview today... saying that the uphill finishes in stage 1 and 2 might suit him.
Yep, he's on penicillin. It's been covered quite a lot in the norwegian press today. In interviews today, Thor said he would need some days to get well.

jonjungel said:
Yep, he's on penicillin. It's been covered quite a lot in the norwegian press today. In interviews today, Thor said he would need some days to get well.
cranky, do I get to change my picks?

Crankyfeet said:
Nah... you can drop Thor and I'll drop Fabian. That okay?
hahahahaha

Fabian is gonna drop himself tonight my time, no need for you to drop him

90 kms to go and there are 8 riders in the break... 4:17 on the peloton... Duclos-Lassalle from Cofidis is out after a spill in the main bunch... looks like a broken/sprained left wrist.

Looks like the break only exists for the KOM and intermediate sprint points. 3:45 the gap now...70 km (43.5 miles) to go.

Crankyfeet said:
Looks like the break only exists for the intermediate KOM and sprint points. 3:45 the gap now...70 km (43.5 miles) to go.
tanks Phil

Crankyfeet said:
90 kms to go and there are 8 riders in the break... 4:17 on the peloton... Duclos-Lassalle from Cofidis is out after a spill in the main bunch... looks like a broken/sprained left wrist.
He was in real pain, and they put a splint before he left. Not likely to be a sprain.

Crankyfeet said:
Looks like the break only exists for the KOM and intermediate sprint points. 3:45 the gap now...70 km (43.5 miles) to go.
The gap is down by 30 sec now. If this continues, the break will likely be caught before the end of the stage.