2008 Tour De France : Stage 1 Brest - Plumelec 195 km Saturday, July

Frank Schleck and Popo in a spill with Jimmy Casper. At least Phil said Schleck was in it.

Schroder gets second on the last KOM bomus, and Voeckler is third. As usual... Phil hasn't got a clue how the tally ends up.

Crankyfeet said:
Frank Schleck and Popo in a spill with Jimmy Casper. At least Phil said Schleck was in it.

Schroder gets second on the last KOM bomus, and Voeckler is third. As usual... Phil hasn't got a clue how the tally ends up.
Already a few errors for Phil:
-calling Trent Lowe American (even as an Australian flag was showing up on screen behind his name).
-saying that Petacchi was caught for using too much "nasal spray" (umm, salbutamol in the nose won't do much for your lungs, asthma is a lung disease Phil not a nasal disease ... and using a nasal spray wouldn't do much for muscle building or as a stimulant or whatever they might use it for to be supposedly "performance-enhancing")

Crankyfeet said:

Don't think Shleck was involved in the crash. Jimmy Casper (Agritubel), Heinrich Haussler (Gerolsteiner) and maybe Fabian Wegmann (also Gerosteiner) were involved according to CN.

Gap down to 2:30.

TheDarkLord said:
Don't think Shleck was involved in the crash. Jimmy Casper (Agritubel), Heinrich Haussler (Gerolsteiner) and maybe Fabian Wegmann (also Gerosteiner) were involved according to CN.

Gap down to 2:30.
definitely Wegmann - had to try to catch back up again. Also I saw Popovych go down, but he was up again quite quickly (was initially alarmed, his number 7 looked like a number 1 from the initial angle they showed when he was down...)

Do you think Horner wishes he was still working for Cadel in this race... instead of watching from the sidelines?

Crankyfeet said:
Do you think Horner wishes he was still working for Cadel in this race... instead of watching from the sidelines?
Hey, I saw yesterday that Horner will be riding a few races in the Vancouver BC area in mid-July - Tour de Gastown, Giro di Burnaby, and Tour de White Rock :cool:. With those races lined up (and the Cascade Classic too, with Levi), who would want to ride the Tour? :p

Did I just hear right? Sherwen saying that Baden Cooke has changed his front chainring due to the incline finish from 53 teeth to 52? That's hardly worth the effort isn't it?

confusedfan said:
Hey, I saw yesterday that Horner will be riding a few races in the Vancouver BC area in mid-July - Tour de Gastown, Giro di Burnaby, and Tour de White Rock :cool:. With those races lined up (and the Cascade Classic too, with Levi), who would want to ride the Tour? :p
Oh good. That means I can go and watch Astana racing live rather than watch this silly little French race... :p

confusedfan said:
Already a few errors for Phil:
-calling Trent Lowe American (even as an Australian flag was showing up on screen behind his name).
-saying that Petacchi was caught for using too much "nasal spray" (umm, salbutamol in the nose won't do much for your lungs, asthma is a lung disease Phil not a nasal disease ... and using a nasal spray wouldn't do much for muscle building or as a stimulant or whatever they might use it for to be supposedly "performance-enhancing")
I'm listening to eurosport, much better. Turn the sound down on your TV and go to cyclingfans and get the live audio feed and turn it up.

thoughtforfood said:
I'm listening to eurosport, much better. Turn the sound down on your TV and go to cyclingfans and get the live audio feed and turn it up.
Hincape have a shot today?

Crankyfeet said:
Did I just hear right? Sherwen saying that Baden Cooke has changed his front chainring due to the incline finish from 53 teeth to 52? That's hardly worth the effort isn't it?
Read that on letour.fr, apparently the team director said that Baden requested it. Only a 2% difference, but it means he's thinking about doing something at the finish which is a good sign.

thoughtforfood said:
Doesn't seem to work for me TFF. (The reason I looked is that my tv audio is in German).

thoughtforfood said:
Thanks TFF...

I want to try to listen to both... cause the Phil/Paul show makes me laugh.

The sky looks quite threatening. If it starts raining, it will certainly make things interesting. The break is about to be caught...

Soler crashed! After some delay, he is up and riding again. Hope he is able to get back into the peloton.

Wow, Soler almost rode into the barrier instead of turning left! Wonder if he is disoriented somewhat.

Crankyfeet said:
Thanks TFF...

I want to try to listen to both... cause the Phil/Paul show makes me laugh.
Just file it away for the day when the put Bruyneel on. If you can take that without puking, you are a real man!