2008 Tour de France : Stage 10.5 Pau - Rest Day 1, 0 km Tuesday, July 15th

classic1

Jul 29, 2006
How come I can't find any information or stage profiles on the internet for this stage, and why isn't my google map search for Rest Day 1 working? Maybe the stage goes into Spain or something.

Any ideas who will win?

classic1 said:
How come I can't find any information or stage profiles on the internet for this stage, and why isn't my google map search for Rest Day 1 working? Maybe the stage goes into Spain or something.

Any ideas who will win?
If you try to go to "next stage" from stage 10 on cyclingnews you can't. But if you click on "stages" on the main page under the results etc.... or go to the left hand column and click on "stages" you get a list of the stages... then you can click on "Stage 11".

You can also get tour info on letour.com.

Crankyfeet said:
If you try to go to "next stage" from stage 10 on cyclingnews you can't. But if you click on "stages" on the main page under the results etc.... or go to the left hand column and click on "stages" you get a list of the stages... then you can click on "Stage 11".

You can also get tour info on letour.com.
Is that really a serious post CF?? :confused:

No. 'Crankyfeet' is just a retarded red headed step child sockpuppet I use to make everyone else around here look intelligent.:rolleyes:

classic1 said:

Any ideas who will win?

It's a different type of stage. Every rider decides for himself where he's driving. Yes, some go to Spain. Madrid, to be precise. Some chose Freiburg in Germany. Vienna has been mentioned. One said he'd ride to Mexico, but probably he'll get no further than Italy.

Who'll win today? I'll expect a sprint finish between Fuentes, Ferrari, Heinrich and Schmidt.

Dohhh!!!!
simpsons0061.gif

Rumour has it that some of the riders use the rest day and pent up energy to
pursue the fairer sex.
At least that was the case in the old days (late 80/early 90's).

Brings an entirely new meaning to "going for a training day ride!"

limerickman said:
pursue the fairer sex.

I thought the whole purpose of the rest day was to avoid getting stiff...
confused.gif

Cobblestones said:
It's a different type of stage. Every rider decides for himself where he's driving. Yes, some go to Spain. Madrid, to be precise. Some chose Freiburg in Germany. Vienna has been mentioned. One said he'd ride to Mexico, but probably he'll get no further than Italy.

Who'll win today? I'll expect a sprint finish between Fuentes, Ferrari, Heinrich and Schmidt.
Some will definitely go to the beach.

Given the amount of testosterone Flandis was taking he definitely went for a 'training ride' on his rest days :p .

I think most of the pro's go out for a few hours, keep the legs loose, then head back to the hotel for a blood transfusion. I'm going to pick Ferrari for the stage win.

Some of theses guys were more familiar with Fuentes if you check the history.

limerickman said:
pursue the fairer sex.

Huh? I thought they weren't supposed to engage in such extracurricular activities because it exerts energy. At least, isn't that what JB always said, according to the unmentionable one anyway? :confused: (sorry TDL, too hard to remember all those letters in the acronym :eek: ).

C'dale Girl said:
Huh? I thought they weren't supposed to engage in such extracurricular activities because it exerts energy. At least, isn't that what JB always said, according to the unmentionable one anyway? :confused: (sorry TDL, too hard to remember all those letters in the acronym :eek: ).
JB actually said that?

TheDarkLord said:
JB actually said that?
Supposedly. It was this whole thing in the unmentionable's book if I recall correctly. Girls very very bad . . . too distracting. And then there's the energy loss for such extra-curricular activities . . . :rolleyes: (Yes, I'm pretty certain that was mentioned and that's surely not something I'd come up with on my own). If I recall correctly, he was very angry at the unmentionable the one year for allowing his rock star girlfriend at the time to stay with him at the apartment in Girona . . .

Crankyfeet said:
Dohhh!!!!
simpsons0061.gif

Oh man - this thread has left me with so much to do...

1. Clean coffee off keyboard.
2. Wipe nose and mouth.
3. Wipe tears out of eyes.
4. Wash pee stains out of trousers (please note this is NOT the start of a new thread).
5. Admire brand new 6-pack in mirror.
6. Tell brother I'm not having an epileptic fit.
7. Respond to thread.

Thanks for not editing Crankfeet!

C'dale Girl said:
Supposedly. It was this whole thing in the unmentionable's book if I recall correctly. Girls very very bad . . . too distracting. And then there's the energy loss for such extra-curricular activities . . . :rolleyes: (Yes, I'm pretty certain that was mentioned and that's surely not something I'd come up with on my own). If I recall correctly, he was very angry at the unmentionable the one year for allowing his rock star girlfriend at the time to stay with him at the apartment in Girona . . .
The real reason for being angry could have been something else, such as preserving trade secrets.

TheDarkLord said:
The real reason for being angry could have been something else, such as preserving trade secrets.
Well, some theorized it was a sign of gayness . . . :eek: :D