2008 Tour de France :Stage 11 - Wednesday, July 16: Lannemezan - Foix, 167.5km

Well, I think your sarcasm needs some work.

Over the top they go...

The reason why these two guys have gone off the front of their bunches is because of this small finishing climb. If it had been flat all the way from the top of the major climb they wouldn't have had a chance.

TheDarkLord said:
You have any suggestions?
Nope, sorry. Maybe try the ;) instead of the :D.

So do people think that Moinard can stay ahead of the group of 11? He is certainly maintaining his gap around 1:30, although it does seem to be coming down slowly (was over 2 minutes at some point).

They'll catch them both if there's no more climbs. 20km is too far for anyone but Jens Voigt on the flat.

I think they will catch him. They may be playing cat and mouse now - no one wants to catch him too soon and risk that someone else goes off the front.

Yes, the gap to both Moinard and Pereiro is coming down. Moinard is now only 30 sec ahead of the other 11 riders, while Pereiro is a bit less than 1 min ahead of the peloton.

TheDarkLord said:
Yes, the gap to both Moinard and Pereiro is coming down. Moinard is now only 30 sec ahead of the other 11 riders, while Pereiro is a bit less than 1 min ahead of the peloton.
CSC is still keeping the pace hard despite the gap to Peirero being inconsequential, got to figure they will try something on that climb that is coming up?

Evans still has a few domestiques with him.

lol he aint giving up on the front. It must really suck when you're this close.

b1_ said:
lol he aint giving up on the front. It must really suck when you're this close.
Arvesen and Elmigen have attacked. Moinard is caught, but he sure did fight it to the very end. Unfortunately, he has now dropped to the last place among the 12 rider group.

Nice finish. The Norwegian deserved it; he seemed to be doing most of the work up to the finish.

Edit.
...apart from Moinard of course, poor guy.

Wayne666 said:
CSC is still keeping the pace hard despite the gap to Peirero being inconsequential, got to figure they will try something on that climb that is coming up?

Evans still has a few domestiques with him.
It looked like CSC dropped back off the front once Pereiro was caught.

TheDarkLord said:
It looked like CSC dropped back off the front once Pereiro was caught.
Yeah, and no attacks on the climb. Seems like nearly a complete waste of energy to me and a bit of a give away to Lotto. Why put your whole team on the front to drive it, rather than just add a rider or two to the Lotto train if worried about a guy 15 some minutes behind to keep the gap respectable?

Looks like we're gonna get a little desert here: post sprint by greeen jersey coming up.

I'd say they're gonna attack the yellow on the mountain finish stages where they can get full value.

greg52 said:
What a ****ing boring stage...

Boring compared to last stage yes. Can't expect them all to be like that although would be nice if they were. You should be used to boring stages after 7 years of Lance Armstrong anyway.

Arvesen won by the width of his front tyre :).