2008 Tour de France Stage 13 - Friday, July 18: Narbonne - Nîmes, 182km

earth_dweller said:
yeah, but I would think that Columbia would be a bit smarter than SD and would have pulled him if they were worried, right?
Well that is the point. Maybe they are not worried. :confused: Kind of like watching Voigt going up mountains...

Powerful Pete said:
Well that is the point. Maybe they are not worried. :confused: Kind of like watching Voigt going up mountains...
yeah. But since no one knew that this EPO 3rd generation could be detected, I'd be mighty worried if I was taking something that I thought couldn't be detected.

Could be interesting to see who abandons in the next few days. Actually, I'm surprised that we haven't seen a wave of DNF

earth_dweller said:
yeah. But since no one knew that this EPO 3rd generation could be detected, I'd be mighty worried if I was taking something that I thought couldn't be detected.

Could be interesting to see who abandons in the next few days. Actually, I'm surprised that we haven't seen a wave of DNF
I am sure, unfortunately, that it is not just about 3rd generation EPO...

ostrich.jpg

Talking about doping, third generation EPO to be precise...
I think EPO is prehistoric thing... '90's to early 2000's drug.
I believe there's new generation of genetic doping products. Very hard to detect. Impossible at the moment.
Anyone who follows pharmaceutical achievements of modern age, knows there are leukemia medicines based on genetic manipulation... And they're not new thing.
Leukemia, as we all know, attacks blood's (body's in general) immune system. White blood cells, to be precise (again), which are much more difficult to engineer than red, which are of interest for performance enhance. What I want to say is - if there's medicine to correct white blood cells' production, there must be drug for the reds too. And to clarify the claim, the medicine doesn't just increases the red blood cells count, it adjusts all parameters of blood which are of oxygen transport interest.
So, anyone who still uses EPO (for which we all know), in my opinion, doesn't look ahead of his time, to be harsh - is very dull.

P.S.

Designer steroids play roll too in modern doping... Especially for the sprinters.

Powerful Pete said:
2. I actually wonder about Cavendish also (I know I should not think this way) but as Andrija said he is dominating in the same way Petacchi did. Once again, it took a while, but what happened in that case?

Oh well. I am not in the most positive mood when it comes to cycling these days. :eek:
One major difference, Cavendish is extremely vocal when questioned over his views about doping...he despises it. I very much hope that he is clean as it really does give new hope to the sport. We also now need a clean super-human climber and then the sport will be complete (relying on the fact that Evans is a clean TTer ..(can't believe Cancellara is clean))

plectrum said:
One major difference, Cavendish is extremely vocal when questioned over his views about doping...he despises it. I very much hope that he is clean as it really does give new hope to the sport. We also now need a clean super-human climber and then the sport will be complete (relying on the fact that Evans is a clean TTer ..(can't believe Cancellara is clean))
I'm skeptical. Anyone can put on a show like that. I'm very suspicious of the entire British track team.

TheDarkLord said:
Why the picture Edie? Just wait for ad9898 to post. :D
lol

I've decided to play the ostrich for the rest of the Tour and just enjoy the performances, from Voigt, Cavendish and all the others - well until the next positive.

TheDarkLord said:
I'm skeptical. Anyone can put on a show like that. I'm very suspicious of the entire British track team.
No I disagree, often dopers are generally rather mute when the discussion comes onto doping.

GB track team is mainly based around 4 stars tho ... Hoy, Wiggins, Cav & Pendleton - I think there is a strong levels of ethics, belief 7 motivation. saying all that Hayles high haemocrit result was extremely disconcerting .... but that doesn't necessary point at endemic team use.

plectrum said:
No I disagree, often dopers are generally rather mute when the discussion comes onto doping.

GB track team is mainly based around 4 stars tho ... Hoy, Wiggins, Cav & Pendleton - I think there is a strong levels of ethics, belief 7 motivation. saying all that Hayles high haemocrit result was extremely disconcerting .... but that doesn't necessary point at endemic team use.
I was more or less neutral about the British track team until most of the team rallied behind Hayles with cries of denial when he had that high HCT result.

TheDarkLord said:
I was more or less neutral about the British track team until most of the team rallied behind Hayles with cries of denial when he had that high HCT result.
maybe they like him and so trust him. I think tho Ricco's pos+ sheds a whole new light on this high HCT medical exemption .... also tho why is Damiano C so rubbish when he naturally tuned to be a climber?

plectrum said:
(relying on the fact that Evans is a clean TTer ..(can't believe Cancellara is clean))
I've noticed you have some aversion against CSC riders, why is that?

Prano said:
I've noticed you have some aversion against CSC riders, why is that?
er because the team is run by Riis who is a dirty cheat and F.Schleck managed to climb Hautacam at near enough similar pace to Piepoli who was on CERA, the advantage that the SD pair won by can be attributed to the team help of the pair over the individual which pretty much signals F.Schleck is running hot.

Also I have no time for teams that run their own internal dope testing as it is just away to make sure that their internal doping will escape testing methods.

CSC - certainly superior cheats

plectrum said:
er because the team is run by Riis who is a dirty cheat and F.Schleck managed to climb Hautacam at near enough similar pace to Piepoli who was on CERA, the advantage that the SD pair won by can be attributed to the team help of the pair over the individual which pretty much signals F.Schleck is running hot.

Also I have no time for teams that run their own internal dope testing as it is just away to make sure that their internal doping will escape testing methods.

CSC - certainly superior cheats
..no, I'm pretty sure its Computer Sciences Corporation...;-)