2008 Tour de France Stage 16 - Tuesday, July 22: Cuneo - Jausiers, 157 km

Ouch for Augustyn. He went over the side. There are no guard rails and the slope is really slippery (due to the gravel). He is really lucky that he doesn't slide down too far. I think a spectator helps him get back up the slope.

b1_ said:
Any attacks would be wasted. The descent will eat them up.

Popo is riding for Cadel. Just like everyone else in the front group who have a leader in the yellow group.
:rolleyes: Did you watch Popo set the pace/attack in the front group? Yeah, he is doing that to help Cadel. :rolleyes:

Popo was placed in the break away for a specific reason. To help Cadel if the yellow group caught them, or to drop back to Cadel in the event he was needed by Cadel for whatever reason. Team tactics okay. Understand? All the leading teams had men in the break.

Edit: Hope no-one loses a bloody tire off their rim on this decent.

b1_ said:
Popo was placed in the break away for a specific reason. To help Cadel if the yellow group caught them, or to drop back to Cadel in the event he was needed by Cadel for whatever reason. Team tactics okay. Understand? All the leading teams had men in the break.

Edit: Hope no-one loses a bloody tire off their rim on this decent.
Casar and Popo are fast

Cadel knows how to go downhill being a former World Champion mountain biker. Maybe he could get a few seconds here; all downhill to the finish.

b1_ said:
Cadel knows how to go downhill being a former World Champion mountain biker. Maybe he could get a few seconds here; all downhill to the finish.
actually, not a great descender, remember the stage Pereiro won 3 years ago wheelsucking him...

Wow, that was a freaky descent! The Schlecks descended well. Menchov and Kirchen lost more time?

thunder said:
actually, not a great descender, remember the stage Pereiro won 3 years ago wheelsucking him...

I thought he descended well that day?

b1_ said:
Ok dude, whatever. :rolleyes:

I guess CSC's work paid some dividends: got time on Menchov and eliminated VV. Now they can focus on Evans tomorrow. Can Kohl time trial?

serpico7 said:
I guess CSC's work paid some dividends: got time on Menchov and eliminated VV. Now they can focus on Evans tomorrow. Can Kohl time trial?
Useless CSC. The are the most overrated team since T-Mobile in Ullrich's day. They might as well but Evans's name on the winners trophy. Tour de France over.

whiteboytrash said:
Useless CSC. The are the most overrated team since T-Mobile in Ullrich's day. They might as well but Evans's name on the winners trophy. Tour de France over.

....and before you start they are not strong enough to sacrifice Sastre or Shleck. They have to make that decision tonight.

menchev musta pulled a 'heart muscle' on the descent!....No guts no glory Denis...if ya gunna win this thing ya gunna have ta do better than that...what a stage tomorrow is gunna be....CSC have to attack or they might as well go home!

serpico7 said:

True, but now we know Popo is good to go for tomorrow. Looks like team orders were to conserve his energies for the stages that matter ie tomorrow.

b1_ said:
True, but now we know Popo is good to go for tomorrow. Looks like team orders were to conserve his energies for the stages that matter ie tomorrow.
LOL.

Popo will be off the back, probably early, tomorrow.

b1_ said:
Again, I have to wonder if you're watching the same race the rest of us are watching.