2008 Tour de France Stage 17 - Wednesday, July 23: Embrun - L'Alpe-d'Huez, 210.5 km

TheDarkLord said:
He was around 1:40 from Schumi in the Cholet TT - so well over a minute over Evans.

Edit: Menchov back in the yellow jersey group! If Schleck attacks, he is an idiot.
Sastre was 1:16 behind Evans in the Cholet TT and the one coming up is quite a bit longer. As such, he'd need at least 2 minutes over Evans in the overall, not just this stage.

It is a bit boring to see the chase group ride together. Why are there no attacks? Is everyone too tired?

I so hope Evans does not win this tour, he is a joke, Sastre is riding away and he can't even take one turn at the front.

missile said:
Sastre was 1:16 behind Evans in the Cholet TT and the one coming up is quite a bit longer. As such, he'd need at least 2 minutes over Evans in the overall, not just this stage.
He has a 2 minute lead over the chase group now, and there are still 4.2 km to go. But why oh why is the chase group riding together???

TheDarkLord said:
It is a bit boring to see the chase group ride together. Why are there no attacks? Is everyone too tired?
I'd say that most of them evidently are.

ad9898 said:
I so hope Evans does not win this tour, he is a joke, Sastre is riding away and he can't even take one turn at the front.
He gets on front for about 2 seconds at a time. :eek:

ad9898 said:
He is pulling now, but the gap is still slowly increasing. It is around 2:15 now with 2.8 km to go.

So Sastre has finished. Now we just have to wait to see how much time he puts over Evans and others.

The group sprints and manages to make up almost 15 seconds! So, Sastre will have around 1:30 over Evans...